SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Greg Gaub
15,789 Posts
I disagree with the premise that SLC is only useful for 4+ lane tracks. My digital club, DRAWW, race exclusively 2 lane tracks, and it would be a LOT easier to be able to hold one button to always move to the outside (or the other button to always move to the inside) the whole time, and not worry that a lane change somewhere else will put you in the wrong lane for getting the next turn the way you want. I have my track set up such that it works well if you hold the lane change for some parts, but if you don't let up, you'll end up in the wrong lane.

I like your pit lane application, but I think that would also work well with SLC, as it's quite common for people to choose the outside lane whenever possible. Though, I guess it really depends on the layout design.

·
Greg Gaub
15,789 Posts
True, but on a technical track and/or one with a lot of lane changers, it can be hard to hit all the right ones without hitting others before or after the one(s) you want. Knowing that your car will not go to the inside when you want the outside, WHILE you are holding/pressing the lane changer button, is a nice thing. Having several XLC close is the prime example of why it would be useful in a 2 lane track, but even separated, it's useful.

No matter what you want to do with the buttons, you need to think about what each LC will be set up to do, don't you? You'll need to set up each and every flipper according to where it sends you.

Your way lets you set them all up the same, such that it works very similar to the digital systems we're familiar with already. Nothing wrong with that, of course, but it seems that if the options are there, why not explore them?

·
Greg Gaub
15,789 Posts
Yep. The way you've done it is pretty interesting. Do you still need to make sure you're in the correct lane, or can/do you have it set up so that you can hold that one, and end up there no matter what?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts