SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having 5 mins to spare last night I decided to have a blast with the cheap Audi TT Coupe which Scaley bundled with their hairpin track. Not only did it fly around the track the way it gripped the corners was astonishing (in comparison to my pair of Focus cars and my Dallaras). I now need something for it to race against and I was wondering, is it the self-centring guides that make it hug the corners like a demon or is it the car? Will just the cheap Boxters (or another TT) react in a similar way or do all cars with the self-centring guides behave like this? I fancy the black GT 40 but if it can't keep up...

·
Registered
272 Posts
I too have the same TT and Hair pin, I think its great, both my 4 yearold and 2 year old love it too. My eldest calles it "The I Robot Car"!!!!!

I was trying it out at the weekend, I managed to keep the car skidding through the outer lane, but still keep the guide in place to make it safely out onto the straight!

·
Registered
265 Posts
I believe the "self-centering " feature is to make marshalling the car easier, hopefully quicker. But it may well contribute to de-slotting as Difflock mentioned. I like the Slot-it style, it allows the rear end to leave the track yet still sometimes recover as it stays in the slot longer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts