SlotForum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, The September club night is on Wednesday 7th September.

Who is coming?

·
Registered
124 Posts
i will be there

·
Registered
437 Posts
I will be there, my wife is working so I may be a little late as usual. Al, if you could schedule my F1 heats last I would really appreciate it.

Jim

·
Registered
884 Posts
I doubt me and Craig will be there what with it being a school night n' all

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That would be disapointing

·
Registered
884 Posts
99% cert I will be there, alas no Craig, may have to come straight from work though, I'll send a text to Tony & Lee (hopefully 1 will get through) if I'm running late.

cheers
Paul

·
Registered
884 Posts
at the moment maybe, I've got the clubs homing pigeon primed and ready just in case you're already in Yelling

·
Registered
437 Posts
Sorry I couldn't make it last night guys. I did try to ring a few times but couldn't get through. Sent a text which I hoped reached you. Looking forward to reading the race report.

Jim

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
The Circuit
This month's track was based on the TT Circuit Assen in the Netherlands.

(source wikipedia)

The result was a technical circuit with no long straights that favoured handling over stright line speed.

The hairpin at Turn 5 was made of 6 inch bends that was extremely treacherous on the yellow lane and could also throw an unsuspecting driver on red to the floor. The fast complex of turns from turn 8 rewarded a well set up car, and some were seen literally flying through this sector!

F1

Qualifying
Despite the tricky couple of spots on the white and yellow lanes some of the qualifying races were extremely close with several ending with 3 drivers all on the same lap and only separated by a few tenths.

The last F1 heat of qualifying ended with "table-gate". Lee had been setting an excellent pace in the blue lane throughout the heat. In the closing seconds Paul Rose yelled some encouragement for him to get one last lap in. Pushing hard he deslotted at turn 1, as Al went to reslot him one pair of legs on the table at that corner collapsed taking turn 1 and half the main straight with it. Al was left standing in front of the devastation looking distinctly puzzled as to what had just happened...

Al qualified top, a comfortable 6 laps ahead of Lee who was 4 laps ahead of Roy.

Finals

The B final
After a few early offs Paul Homewood decided to retire from the race on Lap 4. From the final place on the grid Tony took a convincing win on the white lane. Bob finished a just over a lap down and Paul Rose a couple of laps further down the track.

The A final

After starting well Al took an early lead, but found Lee chasing him hard. Tony came off several times on the yellow lane at the hairpin causing Al hilarious levels of frustration as he found Tony's spun out car on his lane causing him to crash too. Lee led the race at several points but following some of his trademark bouncing Al was able to finish the race 0.7 of a lap up on Lee. Roy took the final step on the Podium with Tony unable to convert his tricky yellow hop up lane into a higher finish.

Lee's excellent performance at Sunday's national seems to have boosted his confidence giving him his best F1 finish of the season and also claiming the fastest F1 lap of the evening with 4.737s.

Mod

Qualifying
The technical nature of the circuit was always going to favour the Marchon over other chassis in Mod, but the big surprise was that Paul Homewood's usually invincible Martech was not completely out of reach for those at the top of the mod field. Tony had "pulled out of his box" a new car that was blisteringly fast and Al's Porsche was also seen to be running well. Although Paul may not having been giving it 100% to preserve his car for national races...

Tony's latest car did him proud in qualifying and he claimed the top spot from Al and Paul Homewood.

The B final
Bob drove Lee's Turbo to a clear 2.5 lap victory from Lee. Despite his car showing improved pace following a recent visit to Tony's tuning shop Paul Rose was unable to match them from the yellow lane and finished third. Roy whose Turbo had been struggling against the Marchons throughout the evening had to content himself with fourth place.

The A final

Tony romped off to an early led leaving Al and Paul Homewood to battle for second. Both pushing hard a few deslots saw the 2nd place change hands a number of times. Al crossed the line for the last time just ahead of Paul (look up gap!) and they both entered the hairpin at turn 5 with Tony in the final seconds all three coming off and finishing on the floor as the final second ticked away and the race ended. Since Paul and Al were at exactly the same point on the track when they all came off they were declared to both finish in joint second place.

Paul Homewood claimed the fastest Mod lap of the night with a 3.641 second lap.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Cheers Al, thanks for another great race report. Have a nice holiday and see you when you return at the next meet.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts