SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Phil Kalbfell
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some more images of this car from 1961.
Hoping some one car help me as I need a few more pics of the rear of the car.
I did find some video of it at Spa in 1961

·
Phil Kalbfell
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mark I though it would just make a great interesting car. The low Ferrari like engine cover looks nice and IMO improves the look af the classic Cooper. But looks like no one has any more info than I do!

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Probably easier to find a photo of the rear end of a yeti, Phil, even though Maurice Trintignant drove the Serenissima car. Anyone got Louis Stanley's 1961 annual?
Books by two good authors (Parker & Small) record it as a T51, so Serenissima certainly changed the looks with that low rear bodywork.
For lack of anything better turning up, I have two photos of a T51 with the same 4cyl Maserati engine raced by Trevor Blokdyk in South Africa in 1963. It has the usual high T51 engine cover but otherwise may be much the same. The pic below shows the rear in glorious grey. The other, in colour, is from the right front but shows the exhaust and something of the rear suspension. It's in a book but I could scan and PM it if you think it could be of any use.
Scuderia Centro-Sud also fielded Cooper-Maseratis in 1961. Bandini drove the lower T53 but Massimo Natili had a few drives in a T51. Both were in the 1961 British GP.
Rob J

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi Phil,

You have chosen a very nice car to make! Here a few pics of the Maurice Trintignant's Cooper T51 from the 1961 GP of Spa. One is a better resolution of your pic. I'm sorry but I don't have any rear pic of the car.

I hope that this pics can help you.

Best Regards!

David

·
Phil Kalbfell
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
David and Rob:
Thank you guys very much, the pic from Spa with passenger is good as it shows the intake vent very well. I have been trying to clean up some stills I have captured from the Spa video, that seems to show the rear is just open.
It may have to just make an educated guess.
The Centro Stud cars seem to be well documented.

·
Phil Kalbfell
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have taken some screen shots from the video,not great but do help. I had draw the logo in Corel last year but that image will help me detail the Image.
Thanks very much.
I have just read on another forum that Barry Boor has or did have a 1/43 kit of this model so I am hoping he may be able to help also.

·
Phil Kalbfell
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I have made a start,still plenty of work to do but here are some progress pics.

Thanks very much to Barry Boor who measured his 1/43 version and also took plenty of help full pics of his version.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts