SlotForum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After seeing some fantastic single and dual routered rally circuits I am seriously considering do one myself. This option would really suit me as I have limited space and I'm a big rally fan.

Only downfall is I can only find 206's in HO scale , but I'm sure I can scratch build some of the classics

·
Gary Skipp
6,476 Posts
SCX make a variety of liveries of the wrc Peugot 206.

I have a blue and yellow 'Rossi' #46, goes very well with a bit of work. I'd reccomend any SCX rally car for the money.

·
Registered
543 Posts
AutoArt also does the Peugeot. For looks the auto art cars can't be beat, i'm still trying to make them work as well, without magnets, as the scx cars.

·
Matt Tucker
3,549 Posts
SCX and autoart are 1/32 and not HO scale (unless I'm not aware of a didd range of cars they make). Not sure if HO is 1/43 or 1/64 (I think the latter) but Carrera make 1/43 (their Go! range) which incl rally cars. I think they might also do 1/64 scale but not sure. I know GetSlotted stock the Go! sets but not individual cars. Best source will be Germany

Matt

·
Brian Ferguson
3,652 Posts
Yes, Matt is right that the so-called HO scale in slots is now 1/64 (true "railroad HO" is 1/87 and vintage HO slots were more like 1/76). I'm not aware of much in the way of rally car offerings in HO, Gazman, but perhaps Micro-Scalextric have something?
If I'm not mistaken (and may well be!), the Micro-Scalextric line is by SCX, so perhaps our Spanish friends can shed some light?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Micro range is actually from Scaletrix although all thats available at present are 206's in blue and silver.. it looks like I'm gonna be seriously limited until i move up a scale

·
Brian Ferguson
3,652 Posts
Okay, I am mistaken! Not a rare occurrence....
As for moving up a scale.... the range of options, both in terms of RTRs and aftermarket/scratchbuilding products, is the reason I dropped HO and came back to the big cars.

·
Registered
420 Posts
You should be able to find other cars second hand. I think that scalextric did some sets with alfa romeo and ford focus in 1/64 last year for a (uk catalogue) supermarket chain. This year you should eventually be able to get some new mini's. Otherwise - if you forget the generic F1 cars - I have only seen the jaguar sportscars. Red and yellow with one ofthe start sets and a green version sold separately.

Finally if you do know people in the US you could get some interesting classical muscle cars from Jonny lightning. In Germany they still do some 'Bauer' 1/64 cars and they are mainly classical european cars (youngtimers) - several of which would be ok as old rally cars... among others.

happy hunting!

//peter

1 - 9 of 9 Posts