SlotForum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts

QUOTE Schedule
At any time over the weekend I can be contacted on my Mobile which is

(WILL ALL ATTENDING WHO NEED MY NUMBER AND DON'T HAVE IT - PLEASE EMAIL ME FOR IT. It will be very helpful if you can all contact me)

The Schedule is very easy going and will give plenty of time for practice, chat and relaxing.

Friday

18:00 till Open End: Free Practice & welcome drinks.
(NB: If we go out to eat the Track will be Closed for awhile)
(NB: If you arrive early we will open early!
)

Saturday

10:00 Official Start of Party.
10:30 Ninco Classic Challenge on Mugello.
13:00 Break for Lunch.
14:30 Porsche Open Challenge on Suzuka.
18:00 NASCAR 'control freak' Test on Mugello.
18:30 Evening Meal (TRACK CLOSED)
21:00 DTM Night Race on Mugello.

Sunday

09:00 Track Open for Free Practice.
10:15 Swiss Race Bahn Open on Suzuka.
13:00 Break for Lunch.
14:00 NSCC VMG Thrash on Suzuka.
15:00 Caravan Sprint on Mugello.
15:30 The SlotForum mass Digital review.
18:00 Close of voting for Concourse Competiton and Official end of Party.
19:30 Evening Meal and Prize Giving.
(TRACK CLOSED)

·
Registered
773 Posts
...maybe the track is open again when you come back from your Dinner / drink or lunch an this stupid german is there waiting for you folks!

@ Edo - if you're late, call me, I'll open the track for you if the others are anywhere for a drink... maybe we have the time to talk then..

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thomas. we will let you know where we are on any given evening anyway, I know you have the kids but all the Restaurants are close (in Egg and Mönchaltorf) if you get there early enough to join for a drink. Both Lunch sessions are at the track so the kids can eat with us if they are there (Pizza Saturday/ cold buffet Sunday).

Edo is now coming early and will crash at my place on Friday evening so we will all meet up over the weekend sometime.

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
Uuuummmm.

Time divided between eating, sleeping and playing with toy cars. Add in a spot of banter, farting and verbal abuse and it's shaping up to be the perfect bloke's weekend!

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
Guys
this week is an exciting and busy one for me:
on Tuesday I will be at the opening of Andy Warhol big exibition in Milan (there is 4 pictures of mine I made of him in the late 70's),
Wednesday morning I fly to Paris for the opening of an exibition of photos I made in New York in the 80's and the day after I will meet "dgersh" (Don) to see his amazing vintage slot car collection.
Friday morning I fly back from Paris to Milan where there is the opening of Slotlandia, a big slot car show with all the Italian producers (Mr Slot.it, Mr NSR, MB Slot etc etc will be there) and
I will take some pictures to bring over to Egg (and off course I will pubblicize SF).
Then I go back home to Lugano where I will pack my slot cars, take my bike and ride to Egg where I will meet all of you.

Thomas, I will not be late, in fact I am so excited that I will come in early, probably around 6PM on Friday and live Monday morning (so if you are not to busy with your kids we can chat about life in the slot lane

Question: is it true that you and Swissracer will not race at all because you guys are busy organizing?

Best regards
Edo

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
QUOTE is it true that you and Swissracer will not race at all because you guys are busy organizing

No, no truth at all!
we are both busy practicing like mad and tweaking the Rules to suit us

Actually the truth is that thomas has no time, thanks to work, to set up cars OR practice and at the weekend has his children with him so is just there to say 'Hi' and maybe put the pressure on you guys for a race or two.

As for me, I am too busy getting everything ready as you said so I promise 'NO' special setting up OR extra practice for any race on the list.
I have the Arii Scooby to finish for one AND meals /accomodation etc to sort out.

BUT - I WILL be racing thats for sure!

PLUS!

My wife decided to go an play in America for the whole week so I am a single parent for awhile (HOW DO THEY ALL DO THIS!!!???? I have nothing but respect for anyone that looks after their kids on their own and works!)
Actually she is on a much sought after Reuters Management Team Course that just hapopoened to coincide with the party, GOD! Reuters just do NOT care for the partners of their staff

Anyway I am stressed and ranting so see you all at theweekend :)

·
Registered
773 Posts
Swiss, I might support you with the kids.... as I'm trained as a part-time father

About training or racing - the only thing I'll do for shure is racing 1/24-cars if there is someone interested in this - real stuff for men, no 1/32-toys

No, I'll join you to chat and maybe to race a little
- but no big competition for you as I'm not trained and have no prepared cars...

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I will look for a space in the schedule to fit a 1/24 TSRF chassis race in if there is enough interest. I can't see it being a problem, especially on Sunday afternoon.

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Then we make it an impromptu TSRF 1/24 scale race on Suzuka at 15:00 for all interested, Thomas and Allan will supply the cars unless you have your own.

I suggest 3 minute rounds, every driver drives every lane and winner gets bragging rights

It will be a show race only and will not count for the SlotForum Trophy.

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
It means I have to prepare and make space for the Matra TSRF on my bike ?!
It took me forever to do the Porsche and the Mazda (!) for the "Bring them on" race!
I will be away til Friday afternoon,no time to tune, please tell me you're racing with the OEM tires at least

BTW I do not have a Ninco Classic car, are you providing, lending or selling one to me?
Thanks
Cheers
Edo

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have some Ninco Classic cars I can lend out if needs be but I would rather people raced their own if possible and I for sure don't have more than maybe two prepped ones.

Don't worry about the Matra Edo! you can use one of our Carrera body ones.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts