SlotForum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
I have had fast shipping from the UK before, but this last week just blew my socks off! So how fast is fast?
  • I purchased a Scaley Camaro from Miker on Dec 12
  • He shipped it on Dec 13
  • It arrived in my mailbox Dec 16!
This from half a globe away... almost.

I must say that UK shipping typically is impressively fast. Witness that I ordered a Carrera Auto Union Streamliner from Top Slots and Trains on Dec 8 and it was delivered to my house on Dec 15. One week for all this distance and especially this close to Christmas is fantastic. In contrast: I placed an order with a USA vendor on Dec 6: still waiting. I find it hard to understand, but orders from the USA (and even from Tacoma in Washington state: probaly 200km from here) typically takes 2 - 3 weeks, orders from the UK often get here within barely more than one week. Even on the odd occasion that I ordered stuff from within Canada it seems to take longer to get here than stuff from the UK.

Well done Royal Mail... and Miker: great service!

·
Phil Kalbfell
3,373 Posts
The UK suppliers and mail system is very good, I can often get cars and parts from the UK to Australia quicker then from suppliers within the country!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi SuperSlab,
that is great shipping. May i ask how much the shipping was ,i have waited two to three weeks depending on how full the Container was to get my stuff from the U.K. Robert V.

·
David J
3,182 Posts
Nice to know that Britain is still Great at something. We do tend to take our post service for granted and are quick to bitch when things go wrong but generally it is really, sorry but I'll have to say it, "first class".

·
No1 super guy
1,667 Posts
Hi Guys,
I'm just as gob smacked as Superslab at how quick this car got to him, U.K to Canada door to door in 3 days

I have never know such a quick delivery, I've waited longer than that for things posted within the U.K.

Robert V.
Super slab had the choice of standard airmail @ £4.06, 'signed for' @ £9.01, he chose a 'signed for' service and I used the premium 'Airsure' @ £9.36 as the tracking is much better.

Maybe the Christmas postal madness hastened the cars journey through Canadian customs, maybe Royal Mail and/or the Canadian postal service have laid on extra staff for the Christmas period, who knows.....one thing is for sure, they both did a sterling job.

Merry Christmas guys

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (Miker @ 18 Dec 2011, 14:44) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Maybe the Christmas postal madness hastened the cars journey through Canadian customs, maybe Royal Mail and/or the Canadian postal service have laid on extra staff for the Christmas period, who knows.....one thing is for sure, they both did a sterling job.
I think this has definitely contributed. As example: I was at home last Sunday when the doorbell rang: was our friendly Canada Postie delivering another parcel. When I commented on the fact that he was working/delivering on Sunday he said that they did it to be able to cope with volumes and to ensure they get as much of the Christmas rush stuff dellivered in time.

So I should be thanking Canada Post as well!

PS: and in spite of the fact that the Sunday delivery was a slot car and my Top Slot example was a slot car and the topic of this thread is a slot car, I am really not buying too many slot cars. Really, I promise. I will get better. Really. Actually I am all better now. Really

·
Registered
51 Posts
Shipping to South Africa from the UK is also under 7 days.
Not to high jack this thread but on a more sour note.......
I just received a invoice for a car I bought from a supplier in the UK. His shipping to South Africa is 35 pounds. It is the most I have ever been charged for shipping to South Africa from the UK. For that price the car should be here in a day!

·
Registered
433 Posts
I can get cars/parts delivered quicker from the UK than I can from the other side of Australia, Sydney to Western Australia seems to come by boat.

Matt

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE (Quintus @ 19 Dec 2011, 04:08) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I just received a invoice for a car I bought from a supplier in the UK. His shipping to South Africa is 35 pounds.
Ja swaer, sometimes I get hit by heavy shipping rates fro the US as well. When that happens I have it delivered to a US parcel service just south of the border: often free and much quicker but it does entail a 45 minute drive to cross the border to pick it up. Unfortunately you do not have that option.

Conversely I have found shipping from the UK to Canada to normally be very reasonable: typically less than £5

·
Registered
6 Posts
I normally get pakages from the UK in 7 to 10 days which is not bad. Anywhere in the US within 2 to 3 days but Canada is another story 10 to 14 days. They must still use dog sleds

1 - 14 of 14 Posts