SlotForum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be visiting my sister living near Woking in a few weeks and would love to visit a slotclub and some slotshops when I am there. Do any of you have some addresses for me?

·
Jim Moyes
5,068 Posts
Think you're getting your Woking and Wokingham mixed up, doc! There not as close to each other as you would be excused for thinking.

Molesey club would be nearest to Woking. They have a section on the club forum, eve.

Shops that are nearby would include Modelzone and Antics in Guildford Town Centre.

Edit - Peter nipped in while I was typing.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, guys, that's a good start. Will look up the addresses on the internet!

But as I understand Wokingham is not close to Woking?! And then the Moseley club is closest, does anyone know if I can just come and have look on a monday to friday?

And Modelzone must have a big shop, do they have a lot of cars in stock?

·
Registered
873 Posts
hi
you can come and have a look on Monday and Thursday.
Send me a message on here when you are close to coming over.
Modelzone sell mainly Scalextric and maybe some autoart and HPI (if they have any stock left).
There are very few real SLOT shops in the UK , at least not where you are going to, Antics is probably best in Woking.. search for Antics on Google for alist of what they stock.
Warning slot cars in the UK are not cheap ... theyre probably cheaper in Holland.
this is the address for MOlesey on this forum
http://www.slotforum.com/forums/index.php?showforum=45
cheers
Peter

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Peter,

OK, thanks. I will be in the area as of 18th of July and maybe we can arrange a meeting on thursday the 21th! Should I bring any cars with me or will I not be permitted to drive then?

Also I would love to visit some shops and as in UK we do not have many real slotshops in Holland. I thought Modelzone would have a lot, but if I would have to drive a little further to find a really big shop it would be no problem. Surely there must be a serious shop in the London area somewhere?

Prices can be interesting still, I am always looking for special cars and the pound is not too strong at the moment.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Antics is definitely closed and has been for at least six months in Guildford. Also the ModelZone there is not that big - there is a bigger one in Kingston and if Eve is making it to London the Holborn one is larger. Is MRE the most southerly big slot shop?

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
The ASSC are just down the road and run on the 1st Thursday of the month if you like digital racing.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks sofar, managed to make an appointment with Pete-Slot and will go to the Mosely club, it's only 12 miles from where I will be staying!

Still looking for addresses for shops though, if anyone has any suggestions PM me.

And digital is even more my thing, will see if I can get in contact with them too, so thanks again!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.