SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am off to NY this week, for work, any slot car shops in New York that might be worth a visit?

Have noticed a lot of the scalextric items certainly seem cheaper than the UK, thought I might pick up a couple of items....

·
Jon Grainger
3,825 Posts
Hi TF,

Toys R Us in NYC is great, they sell lots of Carrera, Revell and SCX cars and accessories.

FAo Scwarz on 5th Avenue is a good toy shop, but with little in the way of slot cars. Last time I went in there was in '08, and they had an SCX Oval display, and some of the latest cars.

Finally, nothing to do with slot cars, but everytime I'm in NYC, I go to Isabellas Restaurant, it's on the corner of Central Park (W 77 or 78th Street I think). They do the most amazing brunch, and the pancakes and syrup are an ideal start to a Sunday morning!

Enjoy it mate,
Jon

·
Registered
259 Posts
Hi All,
I'll also be flying into NY early next month for holidays. So I am watching this thread for tips ideas .. where to visit for Slot Cars.

I do know there's a couple of swap meets happening south of NY in Maryland .. must find the address again.

p.s will check out the Isabslle's near Central Park.. mmm

·
Registered
134 Posts
I visited in February this year and only found SCX Nascars in FAO Schwarz, if that's what you're looking for then you'll be happy!
Didn't see any other shops selling slot cars although I didn't spend too much time looking as the weather was well below freezing.

Alan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts