SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the shortest HO chassis produced? I have a huge amount of Bit Char-G bodies and while I will probably sell my Zip- Zap RC collection and my racetrack to fund my italian job track I can't bear to get rid of the Bit's...I know they look a bit stumpy and squashed but they have great sentimental value to me. The distance between the axles is 33mm....If nothing is that short could I shorten the wheelbase somehow.

· Premium Member
2,330 Posts
33mm must be the track (width), I think you want to know wheelbase, which is mostly 1.5 ins and 1.75 ins

I have tried these, and appear to be top heavy in some models

· Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We may be down in North Norfolk in August for a week with the camper van, so you never know
...Tomy Turbo Chassis are the right width but the wheel base 39mm so 6mm too long. If there was a way of moving the front axle they would fit.. T jets are way too narrow bot the wheelbase on the short versions is about right

I used to have race nights at our local vw club where we would race 6 RC vans at the same time and it was carnage but excellent fun.

· Registered
2,537 Posts
I found my Bit Char-G bodyshell so decided to have a little think of how to make a chassis for it. There seemed to me to be two ways of doing it, the second of which I completely forgot until just now which would have been to modify the Char-G chassis to a slot car one but I went with the harder other option!

I took a Matchbox Powertrack chassis which had nice big wheels to fit the large wheel arches. Took all the bits out of it and then cut it in half behind the front bulkhead.

I then did the same thing with a Turbo chassis.

I then removed the rear motor mounts on the PT chassis, cleaned up the two sections and glued the rear PT to the front of the Turbo.

It's now drying. I'm going to leave it about 24 hours to really bond and then fill any gaps in the joins with additional epoxy.

It'll then have a Turbo motor, springs, pick ups and holders and then either the PT axles if they fit (got some doubt about that) or just go with the Turbo ones.

I'll let you know how it works out but don't hold your breath because I am a lousy craftsman and if it does go together it'll probably run like a crab!

· Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Looks interesting Gareth...I hope it works as I just recieved a magnatraction chassis from Tony and even with the wheels at there shortest it's still too long...but I will use the magnatraction chassis for a mini body for the italian job track (which is becoming more Italian Job themed by the day!!)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.