SlotForum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2,611 Posts
There is a high chance of a second series later this year. I have to say that I have no desire to repeat the experience again so be careful guys, I`m looking for names to put forward to Todd Grimwade,the director!

Matt Tuck is top of my list at the moment!!

· Registered
2,611 Posts
Cheers Dave, will send address asap.

Yes mate the series was very hard work. Each layout was built in a three day period but that also included taking apart the previous layout down to wood and all the filming requirements of the races too. By far the worst part was trying to make the track (Sport) work, I`m not sure it ever really did but the Racers took it well and second worse part? Watching lighting,sound and camera people tread all over each layout and Alex Riley jigging about!

· Registered
2,611 Posts
Cheers mate.

It goes without saying it would involve SF as a priority. I really wish the forum had been around then, we struggled for participant racers and two of the crew had to race instead.

· Registered
2,611 Posts
Well done BJ. The copywright issues are not a problem as far as I am aware, making nil profit helps and I have checked over my contract and I did not sign away my copywright to CarltonTelevision Be aware my contract states I receive repeat fees!! Wow guys, I waver those if you are an SF member LOL.

The knees! Well that` s part of the hidden history of "Short Circuits". I will tell all as I doubt I`ll ever write my memoirs. At this point can I just highlight this fact. I am an average Slottie. Normal (ish) bloke and designer of SRA. I raised SRA from nothing because I wanted modern pit buildings and figures and I took over Phoenix when it was bankrupt because I love my club. These two facts are the start of the reason I got involved in "Short Circuits".

It all started with a phone call from a charming lady, very well spoken with the most awesome breasts I have ever seen on a woman.... The initial question was " can you supply a large quantity of SRA products to Carlton Television for a new series on Slot Racing?" Well ,of course I answered yes and the rest as they say is history. More next time if you guys are interested?

· Registered
2,611 Posts
Thanks mate. It was hard work but only now am I feeling good about it and that`s because you guys liked the circuits. That`s what I wanted to be judged on, not any other nonsense. Blue overalls...let`s not go there eh

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.