SlotForum banner
41 - 60 of 71 Posts

· Registered
119 Posts
Hi
Just a quick thanks to Cambridge Blue and Beejay for their efforts. Got my copy of Short Circuits yesterday. A little disappointed to find the Sky interactive button didn't work though

And, of course, a real treat to see that star of stage and screen Jonny S!!

· Registered
211 Posts
Alan

Can i say a big thank you
, just got the DVD's this morning, apologies for one not working.

Jonnys

What a series perhaps for a new series you could suggest Digital short circuits, that would be really cool using Scalextric's Sports digital.

Again

Alan you the man

ScalextricRacer

· Registered
911 Posts
i got my disks today, and ive watched them all already (us students, were so busy!). its a great series, i cant belive that this seems to be the only slot racing tv release i can find. it was well kool. the modeling tips were realy good aswell. i was wondering, what are the porsche gt cars used? they look realy impressive? does anyone have one, and where could i get one?

· Registered
5,404 Posts
Just a few notes on the practicality of distribution via P2P from a heavy user.

Typically, a 512 kbps ADSL connection translates into a sustained download speed of around 2 megabytes per minute in practical reality.
That is around 120 megabytes per hour
So a full DVD will take around a day and a half, non-stop, to download on a GOOD day, while doing nothing else, and assuming that you have access to a data source that can supply those figures in the first place.

On balance, a snail-mailed disc is usually considered more efficient for data of this magnitude unless one has net access via a much faster connection AND a source that can match that. Far from impossible of course, but rare-ish.
Otherwise, it's a pretty tedious business - I have done it and it is BORING!

Just a thought for consideration.

· Registered
552 Posts
I received my DVD's, thanks Alan, and have thoroughly enjoyed them. Please do a second series.

Jon, my hat is off to you. Fantastic job on the circuit setups and scenery. It must have been a monumental task.

· Registered
2,611 Posts
Thanks mate. It was hard work but only now am I feeling good about it and that`s because you guys liked the circuits. That`s what I wanted to be judged on, not any other nonsense. Blue overalls...let`s not go there eh

· Administrator
11,660 Posts
On my way back from Early Bird, not only did I bring back some wonderful memories, but a full-fledged flu bug as well (hidden in the Guinness I suspect). so it's only now that I'm feeling a bit more human and can finally thank Beejay for bringing me a DVD of this series, which I never would have heard of otherwise.

This was really a "beau geste" on your part BJ, and much appreciated.

Great bunch of guys on Slot Forum.
Don

41 - 60 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.