SlotForum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is just a warm up video to show what the track looks like Peter, I think the timed runs are starting today.

Thanks John, it is just a Heller kit witha a Ranch Design chassis. I put it together last year for Peter's Pronomag proxy and, as it was just sitting around, I sent it off to this one.

regards, Lloyd

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hi,

I'm happy that you both appreciate the track and the video ; I'll try to do other ones

Lloyd's car got the first place of the first run (best lap out of 10 laps on the inner lane of the track), and the third place of the the second run (10 laps, always on the inner lane of the track)

·
Registered
320 Posts
A friend of mine was at home on saturday to drive all the cars of this Proxy for the third run, fastest lap out of 10 on line 2 of the track.
Lloyd's car got the 4th place of this run (Lloyd, had to glue back the rear wing of your car, but everything is now OK
)

Here are the cars running this Proxy race :

Chevrolet Chevelle 1969 :

Matra Djet :

Lloyd's Lancia Beta Monte Carlo :

Plymouth Barracuda :

March CanAm :

Bizzarrini :

My Porsche 917 LH :

Porsche 962C :

Porsche 956K :

Ligier JS2 :

DS3 WRC :

Porsche 924 :

Lancia D24 :

Chaparral 2D :

Rosalie :

Ford GT40 :

Porsche 917/20 :

Subaru WRC :

C4 WRC :

Lola GT :

Mercedes C9 :

Ford MK4 :

BRM :

Mirage :

Ferrari 458 :

Chevrolet Corvette :

AC Cobra :

Cunningham :

Choupette :

Porsche 917K :

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Great photos!
there some really nice cars involded in this proxy, Rosalie, the CanAm March or the Chevelle - very, very nice work, gents!
have you got a table with the race results maybe?

thanks,
Peter

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Man there are some sweet cars there, unfortunately you've left me with more questions!

Some of those are obviously die casts, some resins, some model kits, some Carrera's and maybe the odd Kyosho!?

It would be nice to see the corresponding chassis to some of the Non-RTR cars and know which are die casts and which have been hand detailed.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hi Men

Thank you for following this topic
I'm preparing a video with all the caracteristics of each car. I'll let you know when it will be ready

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Really nice to see. And 1:43 could be the answer to space and power slide. So a splendid event.

And as someone said above, the line up of the bodies would be lovely.

We know Airfix/Heller/whatnow has a few GTP's etc as models. And there's various slotcar makes.
What I'm really would like to see is sources in resin and lexan/ABS.

We got the decals from places like Patto, but what to put them on?!

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
I just have to ask another thing too...

Surface?
Tires?
Magna?

My own estimate is half gloss, silicone, no magna.
I can't imagine any other combination producing that controlled drift.

But then I'm a hard core supporter of that combination...
...and that video show the reason I am.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Eric, I dont know what the paint is on the track surface, I will ask Fred. The tyres are Ranch Design Urethane and I never use magnets, much more realistic and fun to drive without them!

Out of interest, that car goes very well on my unpainted Carrera GO home track, again without magnets.

Regards, Lloyd

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Eric, I dont know what the paint is on the track surface, I will ask Fred. The tyres are Ranch Design Urethane and I never use magnets, much more realistic and fun to drive without them!

Out of interest, that car goes very well on my unpainted Carrera GO home track, again without magnets.

Regards, Lloyd

1 - 15 of 15 Posts