SlotForum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
QUOTE To add, never not once in over 30 years. My original track is still running great.

OK, Johnny S has come up with a great idea given the claim in his quote above.
I'm not looking to start a " Go on then, lets see it" argument either. Just some bonifide old tracks, without saying you've had pieces of Scalextric for over thirty years stored safely in a cupboard out of harms way, and they still work fine when you put them in a floor layout for two days. What about those who have just gone for it and built a permanent plastic layout still operating more than a decade later.!!

There must be plenty of old Scalextric tracks or various other plastic tracks in the UK or across the globe for that matter. What I'm wondering is if its possible to have some photos of your old layouts and what measures you have taken to maintain it and preserve it and any unique problems you have encountered over the years, given your own special concept of what a permanent Scalextric track should look like. Who knows, Moped could blow us all away by matching his claims with the fruits of experience, or is he really only a Johnny come lately. ?

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
I'd love to see some more pictures of your track, UK. From the few glimpses you've shown us, it looks incredible!

Kind regards

Russell

·
Registered
899 Posts
Ahh slightly embrassed!. Photobucket is proving elusive tonite. But the photo is there, and will plonk it on here when the p/bucket fires up again.

Anyone else? Moped?

Problems with track , introducing the "EcoVandel!" ( below)
A constant problem when it comes to the easy to access toy car track.
If anyone wants him, he's for sale, going reeeeeal cheap!

·
Registered
107 Posts
I think my 20yo le mans set would have been in better condition had it been set up and used more. Sitting in a cupboard did it no good at all.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Cracking pics UK and a salient reminder that we are after all playing with a kids toy.

The 30 year old track I mentioned is in use as a permanent mobikle 6 lane circuit that srapaul and I have built. It has had a few outings and I `m pretty sure that parts of it that Paul had in his collection are older than mine ( logic being Paul is older than me).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts