SlotForum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there!

It is with great sadness that I read Jon S. has sold SRA (Slot Racing Accessories). The buildings and especially the figures are, in my mind, simply superb and add a great deal to my circuit.

Saying that though Jon tells us that he simply did not have the time to run SRA and the infamous Phoenix club. Furthermore he says that he will continue to design for the new owner
Maybe now he doesn't have the pressure of running the business we can look forward to some new figures and buildings sooner rather than later?

Anyhow, getting around to the point of my post, finally, I was hoping that srapaul, the new owner, may like to give us the inside line on where SRA will be going? Can we expect to see some sexy pit babes soon? What new buildings are planned?

What would we, the slot glitterati, like to see produced to further add to the realism of your circuit? For example are you pining your hopes on some 1/32 scale goats or would you prefer a camel?

The King is dead, long live the King!

Cheers,

slik.

·
Registered
714 Posts
QUOTE are you pinning your hopes on some 1/32 scale goats or would you prefer a camel?
I'd like the one with TWO humps, please!

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
My understanding is that the new owner of SRA, Paul Layshall, will retain the SRA name, website and product line.

Pit babes are coming real soon, but not from SRA. In fact, from quite an unlikely source... They will be "high-class".... Sad news is that they will be pre-painted, so you won't have the pleasure...

Kind regards

Russell

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (Russell Sheldon @ 27 Sep 2003, 04:54 PM)Pit babes are coming real soon, but not from SRA. In fact, from quite an unlikely source... They will be "high-class"....
Hey there Russell!

Don't leave me hanging like that, who is going to produce them? Preiser maybe?

Cheers,

slik.

·
Matt Tucker
3,549 Posts
One pit babe with a red power suit, (high heels, stockings, chokers....sorry letting my imagination get carried away!) that is different. Manafacturer is Preiser?? (I'd guess German). They look extremely good but you pay for that don't you. Avail from my favourite retailer (you know where!)

Also do some construction figures with authenic looking cracks on show! (you have to visit their site to check them out)

Tuck

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi Folks!

As reported, Jon has sold the SRA business to me (Paul Leyser) - all very recent news! The intention is to carry on with all the current figures and buildings, whilst adding to the respective ranges with some new items. There will be two versions of a new "building" announced in the next week or so, an upgrade option for the pit garage/hospitality building and some new figures that should be available in late October. Other additions are also planned, so it should be a busy time over the next few months.

Jon has kindly agreed to stay on as designer, so please be assured that the high quality of the product will remain. There will be some updates to the website in the near future and a few small changes to (hopefully!) make the products even more appealing. Can't say too much more at the moment, for obvious reasons, but watch this space, as they say!

All ideas for additional figures and buildings will be gratefully received - let me know what you would like to see in the range! Can't promise that all ideas will make it into production, but I am sure some MOST CERTAINLY WILL!

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
There are rumours that I can`t design Pit Babes because my hands shake too much!! I`m gonna check out the real thing tomorrow at Brands. The number two driver at the team,Aaron is going out with a Pyrelli girl so I`ll tell her my close attention to her details are just a professional interest! Cheers srapaul for running the club tomorrow...hey you lot he`as a good guy you know. Will telephone you from the pit wall mate so you can hear the Ultima leading the race (I hope) . Kind soul aren`t I !?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey there!

Great news and thanks for replying Paul. I look forward to your announcements and new figures and if you ever want somebody to review a new line....

Cheers and good luck,

slik.

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
I see that the cat is out of the bag over on SCI!

Slot.it's Hawaiian Tropic pre-painted babes will definitely be gracing my pit lane!

Hawaiian Tropic has been part of the spectacle of the Le Mans 24 Hours for 24 years, with their models have been a media magnet every year since 1979, so why not!

Kind regards

Russell

1 - 12 of 12 Posts