·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Nice cars Jango.
Cool collection.

-----------------

Hi Harry old-fruit

Haven't heard from you for a while.
Hope you weren't in the sick-bay with scorched digits after that tricky soldering job.
Plays havoc with the throttle finger if you're not careful.

I guess you were going anti-clockwise BONKERS with all those NASCAR's ( fun as they are ).

Pretty clever of old Aston Martin to get them to steer in BOTH directions WHAT !

I still rec. you should get a hornet under the hood of your Airfix number old-bean.
Give 'em a run for their money with some good old Harry home-grown muscle !!!

Just a suggestion.

Sorry can't show you mine, I don't have one...
...Darn shame that, nearly went for a Scaley Pro-Performance Aston; the Chevy's are top biscuit !

I'll have to watch this one closely Harry...
...could be in the market for a Martin myself.

Cheers

Si.

·
Digital "Tea Boy"
777 Posts
I replace the rear tyres with 37U Ortmanns on the ones I race...true them and take some of the axle slop off the front axle with spacers....then I'm good to go...

Corrected wheels for the Scalex Aston Box set DBR.

Super Slot (Scalex) Scuderia DBR.

....and the wheels from the Gulf Aston went on the Gigawave one...not correct but it looks cool.

Otherwise I have the same cars as Jango.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pip Pip my old cucumber.

I've not been in North Manchester General after sitting on a soldering iron. January is lost every year to being 50% of the brains (?) behind this
, and yes motor cycle fans it is "him" at 10 seconds.

Taking some time away from the bikes now so I'm back on the Scalextric. I fancy a couple of DBRs or perhaps some 60s American muscle cars.

I have however recently discovered that GT85 bike lube/cleaner brings up dirty old track a treat.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Good evening Harry

Glad to hear it wasn't first degree fried fingers keeping you off the computer WHAT !

If it's a good chunk of Yankee V8 muscle you're after old-boy...

...you'd be pushed to find a nicer model than the stonkin' & honkin' Scaley Camaro.

Sorry about the photo, we're not David Bailey you know...

...it was going so FAST we didn't get it all in with the digital.

Bob's yer uncle !

Si.

·
Peter Rondel
6,022 Posts
I wanted the car coz of the livery.........but its huge!! and cool 1/24 is really nice

got a bit offa problem with the camera, so I hitched a ride on someone's site........

·
Digital "Tea Boy"
777 Posts
Steve there are few going on "The Bay" now....but they are priced quite high, I got a but lucky when I got mine. As far as I know that livery was only meant for Super Slot Club Members....but I stand corrected.

I can't believe I forgot to put this one up as it's my all time favourite livery
:

There is of course the Scalex Presentation Aston as well....if you want to pay £200 for a Scaley car!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi
I have some. They are all fine cars.

Aston Martin Racing, (LM 2005), Scalextric
Team Modena, LM 2007, SCX
BMS Scuderia Italia, LM 2007, Superslot
Gulf, LM 2008, Scalextric
Young Driver, LM 2010, SCX

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Here's my Hornby DBR9 at Bearwood Scalextric Club.

I picked it up at Abingdon swap meet for £8!

A bit of a fettle and its a right ripsnorter!

THE BEST handling car that Hornby have ever made and I love it.

I've put an Ecurie Ecosse livery on mine to distinguish it from all the other DBR9s out there.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts