SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 343 Posts

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
All scaley. I have had this layout some time now & the plan is to take it all down then make a bigger version, hopefully some time soon.

Paul.

·
Greg Gaub
15,346 Posts
Still working on my SSD layout, but here's a not-too old photo of it (follow the link in my sig for latest updates):

It features all the coolest aftermarket upgrades.

·
Greg Gaub
15,346 Posts
Thanks! Yes, it's a Carrera. My chipping is in the SSD chipping thread. I enjoy driving it around. It's quite fast, but is best with plenty of magnet downforce to keep it on the track. No mag is not an option with that car, imho. I tried. Terrible without them.

·
Greg Gaub
15,346 Posts
Truly a classic track and one everyone should spend some time reading about.

The Tracks Index is a great source for seeing various digital tracks, but I do like this thread as a place to scroll through representative photos of people's digital tracks. If everyone who posts would link to their build thread, that would be especially convenient.

·
Registered
70 Posts
This "was" my last track that I built.

It's an SCX Digital set-up that features the use of two digital bridges, a two way traffic section, and a double decker.

The track length was about 108 feet.

And here is the TP design showing how the layout worked.

I'm currently working on a improved version of this layout that will have the following things added:

1) power jumper sections to reduce power sags and improve throttle response on the farthest parts of the layout.

2) inner borders w/ Armco barriers on R2 and R3 curves

The final version will have the Armco barriers lowered and shortened

An example of how the borders look w/ the sliding curve

3) lane dividers on the two way traffic sections for increased protection of the cars

4) R2 barrier wall for the pit area (still under construction)

5) lighting for the lower portion of the double deck section

No pic available but the lighting will utilize an LED system called the Dioder available from IKEA. It is a low profile and modular design that will stow away nicely under the track.

I should have my new creation built in about three weeks. Pics will follow.

Dave

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
Don't have many photo's so here is a couple of videos of our track as it was a year ago.

Only made a few cosmetic changes in the last year with a few more trees, Grand Stand & banking the section between the front & back straights.

It SSD using PB Pro SH, SSDC RMS, RichG lap Tower, Pit Pro and anthing else the guru's here may like to dream up.

Table is 5.5m (18 foot) x 2.5m (8.2 fot) and track length is approx 37m (121 foot) with 8 power taps and a third party regulated PSU 9 to 15v, 25 amps.

Short Video (1:12 min 2 car race)

Longer Video (7:09 min 5 car 20 lap race)

Cheers

Phil

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
Mr Flippant,

Excellent video, great track, loved the lane change overtaking bits, you really have captured the essense of digital slot car racing with this effort.

I reckon this must have taken ages to edit this mini feature but the end result has been worth it, Scalextric should use it as a promo once they have handed over their R&D department to the Slotforum guru's here.

I looked with envy on the great condition yours cars are in, we will have 25 fifteen year olds over for a birthday party this Friday night & I'm expecting more racing carnage (I mean fun)

Thanks for the time & effort involved in shariing this video.

Cheers

Phil

·
Greg Gaub
15,346 Posts
Thanks for the compliments, Phil. It DID take a while. then I ran out of space on my hard drive. hehe. Got that sorted.
My cars are in great condition primarily because they don't see nearly as much multiplayer action as yours do. Usually it's my son and I, maybe with a few pacers, as I'm still adding the things I feel are needed before it can be raced on by guests (such as a fence around the entire table. ;-)
There are a lot of great SSD videos out there. My goal for this was to show a race from start to finish, showcasing the best upgrades available, in a compelling way. I think I managed.
It's not perfect, and as usual, I learned a few things about filming in the process. As such, I won't proclaim it to be the best evar, but worth watching in any case. If I inspire someone to take their SSD set to the next level, or to get involved with digital slots in the first place, then my time will have been well spent.

What would be really cool is if the video got enough views/ratings/comments/favorites in one day to get featured on YT somewhere.

1 - 20 of 343 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.