SlotForum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Graham Windle
4,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This years Early birds event will soon be on us so lets see what you plan to race .
I decided to revamp the two cars I used at the last EB event I raced at which is probably about 10 yrs ago now so it will be interesting to see how competitive or more likely uncompetitive they are .
This first one is a Thomas Flat iron special .Dave Jones fibre glass body ,Chassis is a 2 rail flexy rattle pan and is basicaly un altered since its last race at Wolves all those years ago .Nsr ultra grip rears 30 k slim black scale auto motor and I think 8/28 gearing although I might up that to 8/30 for better brakes .
Wheel Tire Sports equipment Vehicle Automotive tire

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

The next one is an Alfa Bimotre , Dave Jones shell, similar chassis with ortman rears ,30 k scale auto FC motor ,8/30 gearing .This one is pushing the current ground clearance rule which I believe is now 2mm and previously was 1.5mm so un less it handles ok on taller rears I will have to remove the rattle plate for it to be legal which may mean a little rethink of the weight re distribution .

Wood Musical instrument accessory Bumper Automotive exterior Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design

·
Administrator
10,525 Posts
Nice looking cars Graham - let us know how you make out!

My last participation reaches back way more than 10 years, and I wasn't competitive at the time either!

Don

·
Graham Windle
4,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A short while ago my good friend Alexis In Greece sent me a few of his 3D print chassis to try so I popped one in a scalex Maserati 250 and I'm very pleased with the way it runs .Here's a few photos ,its not quite finished but once it gets some grippy tyres on the back it will be very quick . The present motor is a Chinese 18k slimline 9/27 gearing with Ortman tyres . It weighs next to nothing so the Ortmans are a little slippy but not unmanageable .As there is quite a bit of ground clearance I recon a rattle plate will sort things out .
I've never tried a 3D print chassis before but I can thoroughly recommend Alexis' offerings as a quick an easy way to a fast car .
Computer Laptop Personal computer Hood Toy
Peripheral Input device Computer Personal computer Automotive tire
Computer Laptop Personal computer Office equipment Input device

·
Registered
159 Posts
My two entries may to be the 1938 Delahaye 155 Monoplace driven by Rene Dreyfus at Donninton and Stirling Moss' privately run Maserati 250F. The Delahaye has a resin body from my master carving (decals of the build are here ITP Entry - Delahaye 155 Monoplace | THE FORMULA-ONE-THIRTY-TWO SCRATCHBUILD FORUM) and the Maserati is a Dave Jones shell. Both have been proxy entries. I may be building something else to race instead of the Maserati - an unusual 1960 car.

David

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Vehicle Wheel Automotive tire Car

Automotive tire Azure Vehicle Aircraft Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Cylinder Gas Toy Auto part Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Vehicle Toy Green

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Car

·
Graham Windle
4,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Having tried the Maserati with and with out the rattle plate it seems quicker without which was surprising as normally the opposite is the case ,which says a lot for Alexis design of the chassis.I think I may use it as a practice car at Wolves so I can 're learn the track as it's been a while since I raced and I think the long straight all need the speed of one of my other cars ,however it is very consistent and quite forgiving on the track so we will wait and see.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts