SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Ian
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK jmswms and I were chatting and we thought how about a thread " Show Us Your Herbie!"

So I'll get the ball rolling here's mine.

Ian

·
Bill
2,888 Posts
Here's my daughter's Herbie. We got the "53" stickers with the car, but not sure exactly how to put them on.
More importantly, while I increasingly prefer non-magnet cars, a Herbie should be able to drive on the ceiling so to speak.
We suped this one up with an extra magnet and an NC-5 motor. Still could use another well placed magnet, but it goes pretty well.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Don't know yet if it will be an Herbie, but I have an Airfix VW Beetle 1200 to build :

I plan to use a Ninco 356 chassis. What did you use for yours ?

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
@Bleep, awwww I wanted to see the Kombi!!!

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Mine is the Pink Kar version. Has anyone applied the '53' decals on top of the '58'? does the 8 show through?

·
Bill
2,888 Posts
QUOTE (astro @ 1 Aug 2006, 16:24) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Mine is the Pink Kar version. Has anyone applied the '53' decals on top of the '58'? does the 8 show through?

I'd like to know this as well. You get the decals with Herbie, but what's the best way to apply them?

MORE HERBIE PICTS:

·
Ian
99 Posts
iman,
The Kombi is dicast! I thought everyone had one so I had to have one too! This one fitted very well into my Hawaiian themed track, came from e-pay
Though I have seen one with resin body I think Ocar, one day!

I didn't mention my Herbie is a Teamslot model meant to be Marlboro! With a "Jimmy in Greece" Motor, I got the decals from MRE.

Fred it has to be a Herbie! everyone has to have one!!!!

Ian

·
Peter Rondel
6,022 Posts
my herbie is redecorated in Marlboro livery..................hehehehe, so no piccies

only thing everybody needs is a bosom for a pillow
eka sadi asha jena sadi sooka bella nah dinner bonothia ha kimmir kar ke

·
Ian
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
FZS,

Ha Ha you should have asked I have the decals! Show it in any case it's still an ex-Herbie

Ian

·
Registered
212 Posts
my kombis the same as that i think,
only the top half is die cast, i shrink fitted a new top out of bikkie tray plastic over the kettle, butchered a 10 dollar slot track car for a chassis
and attacked the rest with the dremel, net cost ZERO dollars
almost the most fun you can have with your pants on,
does seem to be a bit top heavy though...

·
Alfie Noakes
2,655 Posts
Here's mine. Not Herbies but still Beetles. And like the Beatles, there's just two:

Cheers,
Richard

·
David K Phillipson
1,449 Posts
no the pit lane garages are way out of scale
who made the scale security light for you, could use on of those on my track

1 - 20 of 27 Posts