SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK slot car fans

I would really love to see if you have slot cars from movies in your collection? Come on share some pics of cool cars from the silver screen ..

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Sorry I don't have any pics, im not sure how to post on here, but I do have:

Scaley Batmobile
Scaley new Batmobile and Gotham PD car
James Bond
Scaley Aston Martin DB5
Carrera Aston Martin DB5
Carrera Ford Mustang from Goldfinger
Carrera Aston Martin Vanquish
Scaley Quantum of Solace twin pack
Scaley Dukes of Hazard Dodge Charger
Pinkar VW Beetle (Herbie)
Pioneer Bullitt Ford Mustang and assassins Dodge Charger
I also have a Carrera Chevy Chevelle (if you watch Fast and Furious Vin Diesel drives a similar Chevelle)
I also have a Scalextric Pontiac Trans Am KITT (Knight Rider)

I am still waiting for someone to build a A Team Van and a black Trans Am (Smokey and the Bandit - come on Carrera)

Matthew

·
Premium Member
10,109 Posts
Steve McQueen's 917
Lightning McQueen
Francisco, partner to Lightning McQueen
Steve McQueen's Mustang

I think I must have some sort of unconscious desire to collect McQueen...

·
WRP World Champ 2015/2016
4,279 Posts
#21, the car Delaney finishes the race in. My first NSR, delivered by father Christmas. It's an astonishing car to drive.
(If you look hard at the lower centre of the pic, you can just about see it!!!!)

Loving the bus in the Italian Job set, ST.

·
Martin De Ath
1,440 Posts
Hi there all...

As I have most of the Movie/TV related slotcars from the previous posts (Italian Job Mini box set, BMW Italian Job Minis, General Lee, S&H Torino, Bullitt Chase cars, etc) there is no point in posting the photos again..
So especially for those of you who might not have seen them before, here are a few of my more "unusual" Movie/TV slotcar conversions.....

I am sure you will know them all...

Over the next few days, I will post some other Movie/TV related slotcar conversion photos, plus a few I am working on, and some on my "to do" list..

All the best.. Martin De'ath.

The original Lightning McQueen and Mater, plus Finn McMissile from "Cars 2"

·
Martin De Ath
1,440 Posts
Hi there Embs..

It is the Pink Panthers car, usually seen at the start of the Pink Panther Cartoon series.

It is a real Car, built in the states in 1969 by Californian car customiser Jay Ohrberg, and was recently up for auction here in the UK, expected to fetch around £50,00 to £100,000..

The body I have used, is a very near to 1:32 scale "Dinky" plastic one.. Originally it had a great big "Gyro" wheel going through an opening in the roof (which I filled In with plasticard) and a plastic rip cord that you pulled, sending it off over the ground..

A few years back, I bought two very sad "broken/damaged" versions from a boot sale (garage sale) cheap, and converted one into a a slot car.. The other one, is on the "to do list"..

Have a great New Year..

All the best.. Martin.

·
Martin De Ath
1,440 Posts
Thank you embs..

I will post some more photos over the next few days.
There are quite a few "Unusual and Intresting" conversions which I am working on at the moment, I am sure they will make you smile...

Have a great New Year..

All the best.. Martin..

·
WRP World Champ 2015/2016
4,279 Posts
Love the Noddy car in particular.

Now martin, I seem to have forgotten where the Pink Panther lives, Henry Mancini did tell me, but I've forgotten. Could you enlighten me?

·
Martin De Ath
1,440 Posts
snurfen.. Up in the Northeast of England, I seem to recall....

All the best.. Martin.

·
Premium Member
4,761 Posts
Oooh thread resurrection!

Anyway, I've finally got myself together and done the numberplate on my favourite movie repaints, so I'm calling them done. Bandit fore 'n' aft:

IMG_2150.jpg

IMG_2151.jpg

Yes, I know there should be two stripes down the centreline. But my masking skills were quite challenged enough by the livery as it is!

And now for my beloved Herbie... maybe the extra weight of the decals will encourage a little less time on its roof...

IMG_2152.jpg

IMG_2153.jpg

Attachments

1 - 20 of 59 Posts