SlotForum banner
201 - 220 of 225 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Some stunning cars above ! I am almost embarassed to show my small collection, and the poor photography doesn't help.

However:-

Two Porsche 911

Two Austin Minis

One Lancia Stratos and one Porsche 911

Leo
ps - a couple more to follow
Nice cars I got some Artin cars myself & some of them are not bad looking cars...
Anyways I was wondering what kind of track you have on these pics seems like a "perfect" size for 1/43 cars

Mikey

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,772 Posts
Hello Mikey, That is Fleischmann Auto-Rallye track. I had just bought some that came with a car that I wanted, so I used it for the photos. I do not have a layout using Fleischmann but I have enough track to build a small oval.
It is nice rigid track with a surface that gives quite good grip.

Leo

·
Registered
377 Posts
Just started. First track in at least 35 years. First 1:43 scale. This started as a present for my daughter and in two weeks has become this. I have the F1 track for her for Xmas too. Planning to add it to this. All for her……. Lol. View attachment 289799
View attachment 289800
Looks to be great fun. Have you considered the logistics of retrieving cars that spang off into space through the banisters? ;)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Added a few cars and a little track. This is probably about the extent of this circuit. This is just a toy for kiddo any myself so I have to make it fun, yet easy to dismantle and store. I also have space limiting the size. It needs to be narrow also so we can get by it and and get to the bathroom and kid’s room. 😂
It’s pretty fun. The F1 cars are great on it. The Ferrari Pista flat refuses to stay in the track even with extra magnates.
edit: not sure why the internets decided to post the same picture three times.

Musical instrument Wind instrument Bag Wood Tool
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tire Automotive design
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Wood
Automotive tire Bicycle tire Wheel Tire Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Tire Wheel Fence Car
Tire Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Sky
Product Wood Flooring Floor Hardwood
Wood Mode of transport Automotive exterior Automotive tire Bumper

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,772 Posts
Looks like you have got the "bug", lots of track and lots of cars. Also - thank you for helping me! I have the Go!!! Rally Track set which has that new style of power-base (red and black). I thought it had come with a power-pack that had a red connector but I could not find it and assumed I had mis-placed it. However, I now see that the power connector is black (I have three of those) and can call off the search.

Leo

·
Registered
14 Posts
Here is my small garage, I was a good boy in 2021 and Santa was nice to me:)
One of the Corvettes will source the chassis for 962C #1 (white), second will go for Mazda #55, once I will be able to find it.
Chassis for Porsche 917K #3 is on its way from Japan.

Ps. desperately looking for Mazda #55 shell!
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
37 Posts
Here is my small garage, I was a good boy in 2021 and Santa was nice to me:)
One of the Corvettes will source the chassis for 962C #1 (white), second will go for Mazda #55, once I will be able to find it.
Chassis for Porsche 917K #3 is on its way from Japan.

Ps. desperately looking for Mazda #55 shell!
View attachment 293039
Awesome! I wish I could find those cars here in the US!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Awesome! I wish I could find those cars here in the US!
Most were bought on ebay, Mazda was bought from the small shop in Netherlands, Corvette on Aliexpress (and they have more!).
When my elder one grew up, I was really hesitant about slot cars.
He fell in love with 962C and now he says that his childhood would have been a lot brighter... And 10 years ago there were plenty of Kyoshos for sale.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Most were bought on ebay, Mazda was bought from the small shop in Netherlands, Corvette on Aliexpress (and they have more!).
When my elder one grew up, I was really hesitant about slot cars.
He fell in love with 962C and now he says that his childhood would have been a lot brighter... And 10 years ago there were plenty of Kyoshos for sale.
I saw a Kuyosho Mazda 787b for sale somewhere but it was like $150. No thanks on that but I’d sure love to have one. I’ve owned an RX7 FD for 25 years and followed Mazda for a long time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Alright, so here's my current layout, and some things I've done to modify it and make it better.

I am also into RC vehicles, and I'm into 3D printing (I happen to also own an ender 3 pro). I have designed a few chassis myself, using the factory Carrera go motors, and 130 sized motors. They have full bearings, guide flags (not a pin), and soon to be 3 printed gears for both setups, not just the 130 size motor setups.

I modified the 2 wire power supply connection piece to run with the factory power connection/plunger controller, or you can plug in 2 brushed Electronic Speed Controls and receivers from RC vehicles. Bind them to the RC controllers, and you have wireless controllers with digital throttle input for a more linear and precise throttle. I run it at 12V, as the ESC's are only 3s capable, so they will only run 12 volt (3s is 11.1-12.4V). I will be ordering some 4s capable ones, as 4s in the RC world is 14.8 volts (well 14.8-16.8V).

I'm waiting for the parts to also make two 15v to 8v converter, so I can enable them when I'm using the 130 sized motors, essentially making one ESC run at 2s (7.4-8.4V) when I run a 130 sized motor on that lane, and one ESC to run at 4s when I'm using the carerra or ff-030 based chassis. Since the 130 motors, like in the Artin cars, only run 7.8-9v, and the carrera/ff030 run 12-15v. I'll be able to choose which lane runs at either voltage, as I'll build 2 converters and add a switch to enable or bypass them per lane.

I was going to get some 15 ohm controllers and do power supply changing and all that extra stuff, but I figured out a much easier method to run different voltage cars, and have better throttle control with brake, or drag brake.

I have some really great fully customizable radios where I can control the drag brake and normal braking force, or throttle exponential (throttle curve or punch) and much much more, if I want to get crazy into things control wise, haha.

So, yeah, there's my layout, a coulme of the cars chassis I designed (fusion 360) and printed. How else would I get a sweet NSX? The GTR was an Artin body with a messed up chassis. The rest of the cars are standard carerra go cars.

I haven't gotten to much into these forum yet, so I'm unsure if anyone else has thought to integrate RC controls and motor control to run their slot car setup, but it is possible. And you can go both CW and CCW with my setup. With bridging capable to attach power to other connection pieces. I had 6 plunger controllers, and 2 connection pieces. One connection piece being the 4 wire that I added the wiring to use the ESC's, and the 3 wire one which I rewired entirely to use the keyed controller plugs, and the keyed XT-30 connectors I used to attach to the 2nd pair of free XT-30 connectors I added to the 4 wire connecting piece. When I decide to change the layout again, I'll take some pictures of the changes I made to the 3 wire connection piece, and what I did to the 4 wire one.

I hope you all like it.
Urban design Train Building Track Toy

Television Picture frame Gadget Entertainment Television set
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood
Hand Circuit component Electronic instrument Hardware programmer Finger

Hand Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Toy Musical instrument
Circuit component Passive circuit component Electrical wiring Computer hardware Cable
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Automotive design

201 - 220 of 225 Posts