SlotForum banner
221 - 227 of 227 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
And the white chassis yellow nsx? The chassis has an adjustable wheelbase. I have made some revisions to the 3d model but have not printed it yet. My chassis try to be universal, so I can print whatever body I want and slap em on it with minimal effort. The 130 sized motor chassis is adjustable, just at the 3d model level, unlike the carerra motor based chassis.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wow! You have really done a lot of work on this setup. Do you do anything special to break in the 3D printed gears?
Nothing outside a quick go over with a small wire brush/clean some spots with a small hobby knife. I print M0.6 pitch gears designed on OpenSCAD, and printing them at a 0.12 layer height seems to work fine. I lower the flow to 95% as well, and I have the printer quite dialed in. A 20mm calibration cube prints to 20.06mm on the X, 20.04 on the Y, and 20.02 on the Z, so they print pretty cleanly. I use PLA when printing them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Nothing outside a quick go over with a small wire brush/clean some spots with a small hobby knife. I print M0.6 pitch gears designed on OpenSCAD, and printing them at a 0.12 layer height seems to work fine. I lower the flow to 95% as well, and I have the printer quite dialed in. A 20mm calibration cube prints to 20.06mm on the X, 20.04 on the Y, and 20.02 on the Z, so they print pretty cleanly. I use PLA when printing them.
and that's on a 0.4mm nozzle. I find printing at M0.5 they don't quite work out as cleanly. I need to get a 0.2mm nozzle and try some 0.08mm layer heights sometime to see about printing M0.5 or smaller gears.

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,775 Posts
Just getting used to thinking in this scale. What do you think of this layout, 9x5 ping pong table. Comments welcome. Cars would go up a twisty hill then back down to the oval portion.
Looks good to me, a nice combination of straights, flowing curves and technical section.

221 - 227 of 227 Posts