SlotForum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sidecar pics

Just a Thought........ would sidecars handle better than Moto GP Scalextric bikes......
......yes and they are much more fun. Link above of some home mad sidecars, not up to date models but a new model is being made this very moment!

Come on Scalextric if you can apply the same standard in detail as the Moto GP bikes to Sidecars then we are in for some fun racing.

Dome

·
Registered
164 Posts
Ahhhh.

Sadly, sidecars are a niche market within a niche market. Most people don't understand 'em.....................which is just fine by me

I love the pics from your link.

I have a collection of the Scaley ones and a roadgoing 1:1 to play with and I would love some updated versions to race and having seen your link....

Cheers

Steve

·
Registered
209 Posts
Is there any chance of being able to obtain some of these bodyshells? (In particular the Fowler Yamaha and Silkolene models) If so let us all know!!!

·
Phil Kalbfell
3,373 Posts
Good to see some one else is interested. I started one a few years ago ,inspired by Simom Bargery (Top Slot UK ) but have never finished it. I have used the Ninco go kart running gear. The body is had carved ready to mould. Must get it back out!
Mine was based on the Aussie Souter outfit that was running a few years ago.
Phil

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Nice sidecars, Dome! And bless my soul- East Molesey? Just around the corner. I could paddle across in my canoe. Room for one more one of these fine evenings?

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Goodness howmet, you live in Hampton Court Palace? I'm impressed. Who says you can't make a decent living as a Beck's look-a-like these days!

Love those sidecars - wouldn't mind having a bash at building one myself. Anyone know a source for plans or dimensions scattered around the world wide web?

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Now you know JP, render me a little more respect- ere you find your head loosened from your shoulders, vassal.
By the way, have you ever been up to the Palace loft to see the original Tudor slot-carriage track? Lady Jane Grey is still to be seen on a dark night (she always had exotic tastes) thrashing her four-in-hand around the 1/32 scale solid oak layout. Sir Thomas More would always give her a good run for her money with his highly tuned gilded state coach. Walter Raleigh preferred to go bowling.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I kid you not, there is a road registered and road legal racing sidecar outfit which I have seen driving around in Longridge, Lancs.
I think it's b-registration, complete with lights, treaded tyres. The guy who trudnles it about must be in pain with the laid-down riding position though!!

Mark.

·
Brian Ferguson
3,652 Posts
No, no, no! Stop it! I'm up to my eyeballs with 60's F1s!

Although.... a BSRT motor and some 1/43 wheels/tires... hmmmm....

No, no, no!

·
Registered
164 Posts
QUOTE (Difflock @ 10 Jun 2004, 13:17)I kid you not, there is a road registered and road legal racing sidecar outfit which I have seen driving around in Longridge

This story in MCN. LINK Not the same one but anything legal that can do 0-112mph in 3.2 seconds has gotta be fun

Cheers

Steve

PS found this on www.slotcars.it 1/32 scale sidecar chassis Costs 8 euros

·
Phil Kalbfell
3,373 Posts
That chassis looks like a womp with a bit removed from the front!

I may still have Simon's article in electronic form,I will check. I know that I have printed copy I could scan if any one is interested.

Phil

1 - 15 of 15 Posts