SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 268 Posts

·
ParrotGod
8,207 Posts
Here is some good news, very good news: http://www.slotcar-today.com/en/notices/2019/11/bmw-m6-gt3-preview-sideways-8276.php

I cannot wait to get my hands on the whitekit(s). I have prepared a Carrera M6 with the excellent ProSpeed chassis. But having to shave plastic off the Carrera body is not a nice way of spending my limited slot time.

I am already looking forward to their F488...hopefully before ferrari releases a new car for their GT3/GTLM racing.

Anyway, this news made my day
biggrin.png

·
ParrotGod
8,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like the M6 GT3 a lot...but I think my current fav GT3 car is the new Conti. And as a bonus they have lots of cool liveries.

Another one that i Iike a lot is the Nissan GTR. Not many liveries but it is such a cool car.

·
Premium Member
5,552 Posts
New Conti, old Conti', I'd take a decently underpinned Conti', for sure.

Acura/NSX, too.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
I saw on their facebook page...

Light Product Font Material property Screenshot

Apparently the M6 (at least in white form) will be coming in March/April.

Heath

Attachments

·
ParrotGod
8,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
At least they are ready for production. With the coronavirus lockdown in china I do not believe that the kit will be available in march/april.

Unless they have the parts in France already and need to assemble them.

Anyway, I am looking forward to them - I have already a set of decals on the way. It seems that they are going to have another context like for lambo.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
The Lambo contest was cool. I really enjoyed the liveries people did. I thought it was a smart way to do some market research.

I dont think the m6 has as many livery choices though.

·
ParrotGod
8,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not as many as the Lambo but still there are some interesting ones.

Atalaya has two interesting liveries from 2017...

·
Registered
873 Posts
atalaya make 3 different M6 gtr liveries all very colourful

le mans decals make about 8 different ones mainly BMW USA versions

Pattos make about 30 different ones

part way through a black Laguna 2017 car using le mans decals

the decal colours are pretty solid given the body's blackness

cheers

Peter

Attachments

·
ParrotGod
8,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
After trying the Atalaya decals I would not touch Patto's decals. The main question here is where did you get that body from? Is a sideways M6 or a Carrera M6?

If it is a sideways I am really envious ;-)

·
Registered
873 Posts
hi Grunz

Its Sideways

I bought it in France from Sp collectable , they had a few left over from their

white body kit run for the french 18h race shown in post #6 above.

They are showing zero stock now.

I can post a few more pics if you like

cheers

Peter

·
ParrotGod
8,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Peter

of course that I would like to see some pics! ;-) Your would be the first to grace these pages.

There is the possibility of the covid-19 causing a shutdown of the universities here in NZ...I would not mind to have a few of these whitekits to build.

I have ordered one decals set from atalaya but I should order more, perhaps from Slotfabrik.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Waiting to hear when the white kit of the M6 will be shipping - hopefully an update overnight.
Chris is busily assembling them. - And he has the Skylines available now

·
Registered
873 Posts
all the other angles of this car have been shown above

except for the chassis from the top

so here it is.

it comes with wires unattached and a flat topped guide screw

the chassis looks like a new design to me

any other differences ... not sure

Attachments

·
ParrotGod
8,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The chassis and pod look like the one in the Huracan. The chassis is a nice design and I like also the guide with the flat-head screw.

The pod is interesting as it can work as a tripod giving the best stability in corners. But you can easily use a Slot.it pod in these chassis - that is what I used in my huracan.

The main issue that i have with this pod is that the suspension cannot be fine tuned once the body is mounted.

And there is not way of controlling the suspension travel.

Another small issue is that the bushing holders on the pod are "click on" and would require some CA to glue in place.

Finally they could have been a bit more courageous and put the central mounting hole a bit more forward.

Personally, I believe that the best suspension mounting system and pod is currently implemented by BA.

Anyway, do you have more pics of the body and interior? I am interested in the area around the fog lights as well to see how to mount LEDs there.

·
Premium Member
2,388 Posts
Gio, I love you and I hate you sometimes
biggrin.png

Just be happy that you won't have to spend 12hrs to Dremel out the body before you can even think of setting up a chassis.
innocent.gif

It is a daring move for a relatively small manufacturer to invest in any new model....so kudos to Sideways for bringing it on the market.
thumbsup.gif

with kind regards
Tamar

·
Premium Member
5,552 Posts
Chris is busily assembling them.
Who is this, 'Chris' of which you speak(type)?

Gio, I love you and I hate you sometimes...
Grunz??

Whatever, Pete-slot, these decals, they fit the Sideways body well, you'd say? I'm always curious, when someone sells decals, which brand of shell they're designed for, intended for.

Or am I too naive and they're just generic 1/32 and 'hopefully' fit something out there??

·
Premium Member
2,388 Posts
Grunz??

Whatever, Pete-slot, these decals, they fit the Sideways body well, you'd say? I'm always curious, when someone sells decals, which brand of shell they're designed for, intended for.

Or am I too naive and they're just generic 1/32 and 'hopefully' fit something out there??
Yeah Wank, ...Grunz,

You guys and all your funny nick names, Gio meet Peter, Peter meet Gio
cheers.gif
(digital handshake so Covid free)

As for the Atalaya decals, fits to good to be generic, and with no Sideways models out there to draw templates off...most likely based on the Carrera M6.
Which is pretty accurate to begin with, so looks like Sideways also did a good job in that department ...as we've become accustomed to.
Looks like the print quality of the decals is good as well. BMW motorsport colors hard to do justice in print, these look good and opacity good on black car ( #24 RLL IMSA M6 one of my favorites)

With kind regards
Tamar

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Hood

Attachments

·
ParrotGod
8,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hi Tamar

you forget that I did the same dremel job on my carrera body and also modified one of the prospeed chassis.

With a full Z-machine light kit (8 front LEDs, 2 brake LEDs and 2 exhaust LEDs), the body weighs 22gr in line with the WEC spec.

So I have been working hard as well ;-)

I am happy that sideways have released this model...I am happy whenever a manufacturer releases a current GT3 car.

But my criticism is not related to the body but more on the mechanical side of it.

1 - 20 of 268 Posts