SlotForum banner
21 - 40 of 268 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
Hello Gio, well good work done there then. Show us some pics
thumbsup.gif

As for the technical /chassis part
Plenty of room on the M6 chassis to move the front suspension mount more forward...but that would also require the Pod to be adapted, or at least the front bracket.
We might go that far, but Sideways has economical limitations.
As for not being able to adjust the suspension with the body mounted...

...Won't be long before one of the 3DP wizzkids designs an aftermarket 3DP suspension top nut that would allow you to do so
innocent.gif

Ok that's it for tonight, turning in
with kind regards

Tamar

·
Registered
873 Posts
Hi all

Tamar is right they were designed for the Carrera car.

They came out well before the Sideways body was available .

The bonnet 3 colour stripe is a bit long (compare my pic to the pic in post 19

I didnt notice when I laid them but it would be easy to cut back the stripe at the front end

and get it right.

There are 3 big decals on this particular set (le mans decals - 2017 Laguna)

Front stripe/side stripe/rear wing

they all fit no problem , all the other decals are very small so will fit ok.

So the BMW works look decal sets are fine.

if you go for the Atalaya colourful sets (sepang etc) ... no guarantees you ill have to test.

Chris is - Chris Saioni of Sideways/Sp Collectable.

Given that in the UK the suggestion is to isolate I will get on with the decal job on the black M6.

yes you can fit leds (see pic of inside of front/rear bodywork)

theres loads of room in there.

it is a very wide/very long body see pic comparing to slot it 190 DTM

cheers

Peter

Attachments

·
ParrotGod
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
@Tamar

you are right I should post some pics...I have such a backlog of projects to show here.

@Peter

Thanks for the extra pictures. I really like the pic from the top...such a sexy shape that car has!

·
Premium Member
5,559 Posts
Given that in the UK the suggestion is to isolate I will get on with the decal job on the black M6.
I like that, with the notion of self-isolating, most folk think of stockpiling baked beans and loo roll but here, in this little corner of humanity, white kits become the priority.🙄

Which is to say, carry on!

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
it is a very wide/very long body see pic comparing to slot it 190 DTM
That I can confirm, having raced a (Carrera based) M6 and a Scalex Ford GT LM successfully @ the Suzuka 9hrs.
So length and width of the Sideways M6 seems to be close to that of the Carrera version... any clues on Sideway's "slottifying" the height?
post-18820-0-35908800-1566122190.jpg

@Tamar
you are right I should post some pics...I have such a backlog of projects to show here.
I like that, with the notion of self-isolating, most folk think of stockpiling baked beans and loo roll but here, in this little corner of humanity, white kits become the priority.

Which is to say, carry on!
Might have some extra "free" time on our hands, my stock of white kits is low, but my number of backlog posts....very high
innocent.gif

With kind regards
Tamar

·
Registered
375 Posts
I have nearly finished my M6, just a couple of small details required. The scheme is my small tribute to Marco Simoncelli who sadly is no longer with us ............. I have run the car at the V12 club Capdenac, it's very fast on Ninco track with an NSR evo 3 motor fitted and a few other tweaks. Unfortunately, due to our friendly virus COVID-19, it could be some weeks before I can run it again. A couple of photos for you, I hope you like them.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle Spoiler

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

See you later

Andrew

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
Hello Peter and Andrew

Thx for posting the pictures, from looking at them and checking my reference data, some slight slottification done here by Sideways.
Suspected that from the few pictures that had been released, length and width very close to scale, but their 3d guy has been fiddling with the height.
Most evident when one would try to fit the Carrera side windows onto the Sideways M6 body, roofline most likely about 0,75 - 1,25 mm lower.

Second area where one could steal a couple of scale inches would be to reduce the height of the rockerpanels by that same margin...but all well done and within scale tolerances.

Wheels inserts are immaculate and could become a popular aftermarket item, the only thing that really looks off scale is the size of the front wheelarch...
...but that could just as well be down to the embedded misconception amongst slotracers that you need skinny ass (front) wheels to be competitive.

Sideways policy to fabricate clear parts with pre painted window frames makes all their white kits look good as this eliminates the one major area where most pundits just ****-up any car with.
Rear wing and wing supports nice and clean, expected full rubber version a welcome aftermarket part for most club and home racers.

All detail parts are on the car even though some executed literally as a last minute add on (like the hood clips at the front) but others (like the head & foglight detail) a welcome addition compared to the Carrera M6.
All in all looks like Sideways did a good job of bringing a race ready BMW M6 GT3 to the 1/32nd racetracks.

Mine has been in back order since its promised delivery date of dec 2019, but by looking at these pictures...well worth waiting for.

with kind regards

Tamar

·
Premium Member
5,559 Posts
Sideways policy to fabricate clear parts with pre painted window frames makes all their white kits look good as this eliminates the one major area where most pundits just deleted-up any car with.
That so, eh? That is the one area the few kits I've tried to bash have fallen down on.

Hmmm.🤔 Tempting.

If I do this, it will all be your fault, Tamar. You appreciate that, don't you?😁

·
Registered
873 Posts
progress at last .... nearly there, just needs a bit of drying time.

a few issues with the LEMANSDECALS

some of the decals are black instead of white

The big stripes down the side are wrongly sized, if you want to make this car look right

you need to paint the light blue at the rear of the side stripe.

The stripe isnt high enough.

It should join at the upper side of the rear light and it doesnt... so paint is required.

Ive tried my best on this one .. the white one will be done properly..

Also some of the decals dont sit down on the edges, they need a bit of microset/decal set.

Positives

decals have solid colours,

The sideways kit includes the bmw roundels and michelin decals for the tyres.

body is an excellent fit, sits down the side of the chassis on sides and on top of the chassis front and back.

More soon

Peter

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
That is most unfortunate, but clear result of a decal maker that does not use body templates to match the 2d decals to the 3d Body.
In fact most aftermarket decal makers will not go through this time consuming process...because...it is very time consuming.

This image is just one of the many trail versions I did for "my" M6 GT3 Decals for the Carrera body, printed via Slotfabrik.
Vehicle Land vehicle Wheel Tire Car

In the end we went for the "white" version and even then applying the long pointy part of the M-sport graphic on the sides straight and true is a tough decal job.

Tire Vehicle Car Wheel Automotive tire
Ok in all honesty, most slotracers will spend more than 30min before the start of a race to decal the whole M6. And this is not my decal work, Lennard and Nick did this
innocent.gif

Which convinced me to split the decal in two parts (door & rear quarter panel) for future prints.

But hey Pete, your M6 still looks Bad ass in Black
thumbsup.gif

Sometimes there's a small price to pay for being the Avant Garde.

Considering the reputation of Sideways and their liveries, I expect the pre painted cars to have M-striping as straight as an arrow.

With kind regards
Tamar

Attachments

·
Registered
873 Posts
One good thing is the lemans decals dont curl that much when you take them off the backing.

so the U shaped decals werent that difficult to get in place.

Spending 20 minutes with a paint brush and decal soft

to get the decal to "SIT DOWN" on the compound curves on the

rear arch was difficult.

Apply a little too much pressure and the whole decal starts moving about.

On the next one I will cut out the light blue out at the rear and paint it in before applying the rest of the decal.

It should give a much better/accurate result.

At least all the decals on the white car are the right colour (no white instead of black decals)

LM decals make a number of variations of the white car with M stripe, whereas the black one

has only one version from laguna 2017.

So I think it might have been an afterthought.

I am surprised that Carrera havent made an M stripe car ... licensing issues ?

It looks like the Z4 Carrera Scaleauto and Scalextric avoided the straight M stripe cars.

Although Scaleauto did make a diagonal stripe version of M stripe.

Possibly tricky tampo issues...

Thanks for your encouragement Tamar.

Be back soon

cheers

Peter

·
Tel
4,065 Posts
So does anyone know when the white kit is due in the UK ?

I believe it was scheduled for this month but the lurgy has probably affected deliveries ….

With more time on my hands atm, for the first time in a while this model has me in the mood for a bit of painting of a slot car
smile.png

I am surprised its not even available pre-order from Pendle yet.

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
Don't know about the UK, but got a mail from a German retailer last week...that he was expecting to have the white kits in stock...this week.

regards
T

·
Premium Member
5,559 Posts
Don't you go stockpiling, Tamar!!😡 There should be plenty to go around.

Reactions: longdog

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
For once Peter, not guilty as charged, I've done my fair share of M6's moving on to 8's. Yes I've got one of Sideways latest pre-ordered (was actually gifted to me)
And as I'm working on a new GT3 project for in the future I'll most likely build the one white kit like this...

M6gt3-suzuka10hrs_01.jpg

..but could also go for something very British or even Japanese
thumbsup2.gif

with kind regards
Tamar

21 - 40 of 268 Posts