SlotForum banner
21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
thank you for that! But this is not what he advertises on his fb pages: according to him a couple of coats of Tamiya primer will do...which is rubbish.
I must counter this Gio. I haven't had to add more than 3 layers of primer with intermediate sanding to get a nice smooth finish. It just takes a certain process of sanding to get there.
My process is: first coat dry sanding with 240 grit, 2nd coat wet sanding with 400-600 grit, after which any big imperfections are manually primed with liquid Tamiya primer and sanded, final coat wet sanding with 800-1000 grit.
You do need some specific tools such as flexible sanding files (like Albion Alloys does) which enable you to reach into creases and cavities more easily.
It does get you the result you want though...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Choices and there is room for all makers in slot cars i don't know anything about TA71 so won't comment on them at all, but i own a few Sideways cars and generally they are pretty good , would i buy a GTE yes but in no hurry to do so interested to see what liveries come out , the initial one looks nice.

As regards scale body sizing e.t.c not really bothered as i don't collect shelf queen's if it looks ok for me that's fine as i,m a racer not a concours owner where i would expect to have better scaled models.

With paint finish on bodies most manufacturers do a reasonable job and if your into competative racing you don't mind the odd scuff damage with the rigors of racing, i paint a fair number of white bodies and get a reasonably good finish on them, could do better but they satisfy me and what i wanted to acheive for a slot car that's going to be in combat sometime in it,s life.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
The Area71 Slotcars

MtSilpoSinaoyf so2mn asot 8:s36foa sPrhMend ·

Another example of exact to scale replica without alterations with the excuse of "slotization", and not "stepped on it".
1/32 M6 GT3, in our range since 2016
Available to order in 1/24 as well. send us a PM or an email at: [email protected] to get one.

181669854_5556409374430880_4598711852750

The Area71 Slotcars

MtSilpoSinaoyf so2mn asot 5:s11foa sArhMend ·

1/32 Scale Ford GTLM. In our range since 2016. Exact to scale replica, not altered for "slotization". Lighter and stronger than plastic and doesn't look like someone stepped on it.

181362386_5553853724686445_3383375170301

his comment back to Sideways

The Area71 Slotcars

Sp Collectable
thank you for your concern about our sales, and thank you for appreciating our "publicity" for sideways. we are happy to help you increase the sales of a plastic china made piece of junk and poorly designed cars like yours.
Yes we will sson help you sell also the 720S as after having produced the MP4-12C and M650S it is a natural consequence to add also that car.
For what concerns the decoration of our cars thank you for the offer, but since we are makers of kits we show the cars in a "dry assembled" way. We leave to the customers the fun of painting and decorating.
I give you one piece of advice: hire a better designer if you can afford it, as judging by the level of design in your cars he must be a student or an amateur. Good luck with your business (as you need it).

·
ParrotGod
8,225 Posts
I am not sure that the mods will like this posting from FB....but it is worth it a try ;-)

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
My guess would be the mods would be more happy if the posts stayed 'on topic' there's an awful lot of TA71 related remarks in this Sideways Ford topic.
While TA71 is perfectly capable of providing content on his own FB page and a frequently used topic here on SF (although not by Mr Rizzi himself)
happy.png

With kind regards
Tamar

·
Premium Member
5,556 Posts
...a plastic china made piece of junk and poorly designed cars like yours.
Geez. No idea what went before and not keen to find out but that's a most unprofessional response. If I ever was in the market for a rough shell needing a fair degree of work to prep' before painting I'd be minded to avoid this fella's products on principle.

I did think it a poor show if someone had dobbed Area 71 in to the 1:1 manufacturers. Now, not so sure.

Shaking my head in sad disbelief.

Still not up for a Ford GT from anyone, though.
tongue.png
Bring on the Aston!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,

i will ship white kits fgt next week for UK . Only white kit available. Here it's photo from a customer.

Best Rgds
Chris

·
ParrotGod
8,225 Posts
Hello Chris. Thanks for the update.

·
Tel
4,062 Posts
I will wait for more pics etc.
At the moment, what I have seen seems like too large front arches (like the M6), and oddly, even a touch too narrow or too tall.
Like I say it is hard to tell from what pictures I have seen, but I will wait for some better ones before deciding, besides I don't fancy building a white kit so that will save me some money for now ;)

·
Registered
460 Posts
I think I should abandon the model to slot car project, and just get one of those white kits!!
This is going to be one hell of a project!!
Tire Wheel Table Hood Automotive tire

·
ParrotGod
8,225 Posts
Nice livery. Today I received my white kit and i have already the decals from MTR32 for the castrol livery.

Reactions: r377
21 - 40 of 72 Posts