SlotForum banner
61 - 79 of 79 Posts

Registered
As I promised, ran again some laps with the Carrera Gt, changing rear tires for the Scaleauto SC-4756AS25, handling improved a lot and laps got better but was not posible to get as fast as the Sideways, still it was a very good time, I think its enough to give it a shot against the Sideways (of course asuming the Sideways wont be tuned hehehe).
Automotive lighting Font Recreation Electronic device Auto part

At the same time I did some test laps with the Lambo Sideways, last livery...

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Blue
Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design

And as I thought, the Lambo is faster than both, the Sideways Ford Gt and the Carrera with 3dp chasis. Lambo was fitted with zero grip in the front and 1.5mm spacers, everything else stock, picture explains better...
Bumper Gadget Tool Audio equipment Automotive tire

Oh! Almost forgot the picture if the track, you all will have to excuse the mess, but I have been doing some paintjobs and have some bases for painting lying around. Right corners in the picture are R3 and everything else except the center chicane(R1) is R2.
Infrastructure Building Asphalt Urban design Motor vehicle

Cheers

ParrotGod
I finally opened my whitekit. The assembly of the body is crazy...the kit comes almost assembled but the parts that are around the rear wheel arches/air intakes are not glued. You can take them apart but putting back not the easiest thing to do.
And one other thing: it seems that sideways has issues with putting the right parts in the kit. The dive pans in the front are all different and I got two that are the same...This happened with 3 out of 4 whitekits of the M6: but in that case I could buy the spare parts. So far for the Ford GT I cannot see any spare parts available.

Registered
Uhhh! Thats bad, me to had a side mirror problem with the M6 kits, but as they may fall when racing I dont care, but the pans may be more dificult to improvise, may be a picture would help and somebody will come up with an idea(apart from writing/calling the seller).

Im currently building a Lambo Sideways and yes, to many parts and bits to figure out馃槸, helps that I already built another like two years ago, so I got it out of the box for better reference.

Cant help you much with the Ford Gt Sideways 'cause I have only one and its a RTR car.

Cheers

Premium Member
Sadly a Sideways white kit is a bit of a lottery. Of my two M6s one had the right number of dive plane winglet things but they weren't handed correctly and t'other car had no headlight assembly.

However, Chris at Sideways proved a star and sent the right bits. My advice would be contact him early in the hope that he still has spares.

ParrotGod
hi Pedro
How did you contact him?

Registered
Hadn鈥檛 heard about the Sideways white kit problems. Love my new RTR Lambo and Ford GTE so I ordered a white kit M6 to create the Turner #96 IMSA car. I鈥檒l sort and count parts carefully when it arrives.

Registered
GDSlot - curious why you鈥檙e running 11/28 gearing on the 3D chassised Carrera cars on such a small track.
Wouldn鈥檛 a 9/27 or any numerically higher gear ratio be better?

Registered
GDSlot - curious why you鈥檙e running 11/28 gearing on the 3D chassised Carrera cars on such a small track.
Wouldn鈥檛 a 9/27 or any numerically higher gear ratio be better?
Now that you mention it, I just realize that I didnt set the car for the smaller Track, that would be because my Track its a test track, I usually race in club tracks, but its useful to have a small track for practicing and not getting rust馃槈.

Those Ford Gts where setted for the Northern Club where theres a long straight and the pace for corners is fast, since the last race for 3dp Gt class a few years ago I havent touched their mechanics, thats why the gear ratio is long. Normally I dont like to change gears in one car from Track to Track, as I preffer to have some cars setted to one Track and others to a different Track (plus is a perfect excuse to have different liveries of the same car).

Maybe I'll try a different setting for the Carrera with 3dp chasis, just for the sake of "academic" study馃榿.

Cheers

David H
I've just seen Pendle's photos of the car. The position of the rear wheel in the wheel arch looks ridiculous, and photos elsewhere suggest that this is how the model comes from the factory.

Has anyone who owns one of these successfully managed to mount the body in a more realistic position, without resorting to modifying the body or chassis?

Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Hood

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Tel
I've just seen Pendle's photos of the car. The position of the rear wheel in the wheel arch looks ridiculous, and photos elsewhere suggest that this is how the model comes from the factory.

Has anyone who owns one of these successfully managed to mount the body in a more realistic position, without resorting to modifying the body or chassis?
Hi Dopamine,
Yes I agree, and it is how it comes I can confirm.
I used some staffs 1mm offset bearings to help, and trimmed body post/height limiters at the rear to fix.
You could do it without trimming the body post & limiters by using spacers under the motor pod, but with the stock tyres the 1mm offset bearings on the already 0.7mm offset pod you are going to be scraping the chassis on the track.
The other option is a combo of offset bearings and a 21mm diameter rear tyre, (stock on mine was 20.5mm untrued, 19.9 after truing).

Here is mine with trued stock rear tyres, 1mm offset bearings, approx. 1mm shaved of rear body posts and rock limiters, with screws loosened for rock.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Car

Registered
Hi Dopamine,
I used some staffs 1mm offset bearings to help, and trimmed body post/height limiters at the rear to fix.
You could do it without trimming the body post & limiters by using spacers under the motor pod, but with the stock tyres the 1mm offset bearings on the already 0.7mm offset pod you are going to be scraping the chassis on the track.
The other option is a combo of offset bearings and a 21mm diameter rear tyre, (stock on mine was 20.5mm untrued, 19.9 after truing).

Here is mine with trued stock rear tyres, 1mm offset bearings, approx. 1mm shaved of rear body posts and rock limiters, with screws loosened for rock.

View attachment 282413
It looks good, but will they allow it to race in club format with such mods as the body post trim?

Cheers

Tel
Yes, no problem for our club.
We have several classes, apart from the box stock ones, most allow for trimming cars for improving performance.

Registered
Hi Dopamine,

View attachment 282413
Are the wheels also as misaligned in the wheel arches as the Pendle photo look? Rear too far back, fronts too far forward?

Your photo looks 100x better, they should have got you in to do the publicity photos. Or at least chosen a more sympathetic angle, I was really looking forward to this car but all the photos of box stock look awful.

Tel
As you can see the rears sit pretty central in the arches once adjusted for height. The fronts do sit forward a bit, but a good few pictures of the real car I have seen do show the gap to the rear of the front wheels a little larger than at the front.

clicky piccy

At least they are not (IMO) as bad as the front arches on the Sideways BMW M6 !

61 - 79 of 79 Posts