SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Premium Member
Yeah, ladies don't like you calling them 'it', Dany. 馃え

Man! You've moved quick, though! I didn't know the kits were actually in the shops yet.

I will bag one (car) in the hope that some decent decals appear.

Edit
Didn't say but, nice job on the bodywork. The car!! Sheesh!

Premium Member
Ach! You had me all hopeful like, Gio, but them's 1:24. Several good looking options, but 1:24.馃

Premium Member
Several have the look of scalability, whatever that is.

I shall send a message. Should I say, 'Tamar said....' ? 馃榿

Premium Member
Ha! I messaged Fola at Slotfabrik and the message went into the ether... and then he messaged me back that he had, indeed, converted the decal set I like the look of to 1:32. Nice.

Shame I now notice that not all the decals are present and correct in his set. Meh.馃槙

Which brings me to my next question; is the green of that 1:1 Jota livery a metallic?? I can't quite tell from the internet. It kinda looks like a Castrol green might pass for it. Maybe.

Castrol Green Paint 30ml | ZP-1581 | Zero Paints

Or this?

Park Green - Similar to TS35 60ml | ZP-1285 | Zero Paints

Hmmm? Thoughts? Opinions?

Premium Member
Well, white kit will, eventually, come from my usual Lancashire-based pusher. Decals from your friend and mine, Slotfabrik.馃憤

Reactions: GRUNZ

Premium Member
No, agreed. It is just a blue livery.

I see Fola has been busy with the fantasy liveries for this McLaren. Sadly. :rolleyes:

Premium Member
Dont think so, it鈥檚 the orange skin effect because of the heavy layers of paint without waiting to dry the right time, but the good news is that every car gets better as you move forward, I look back at my first paintjobs that once made me proud and 鈥渟hake my head in disbelief鈥濔煒夝煠佛煆
Keep the paintjobs coming Rudio, don鈥檛 give up馃榾馃憤馃徏
Ah. Let me advise caution there, fella. I gots a trademark on that phrase and a hotshot team of solicitors. I'm a tolerant man but just sayin'. 馃し鈥嶁檪锔

Premium Member
When I put these Slotfabrik decals next to the painted body, it became clear that the main part of the roof/rear deck section was not going to work for me. To many ducts and louvers to shape around for my skill level. Tamiya TS15 blue on the way.
D'ya think the angles are good, though? They look kinda good in the snap.

Bonus general observation; the blue of the decals in your photo looks very different to the blue in Dope's. :unsure: And that's ignoring the metallic/satin look.

Hmmm, all of which is to say, I'm going off the idea of trying this one myself.

Premium Member
An' black Beetles, at that.

Not going to deny it, today, on the board here, has been tough on the neck muscles and yet, I can summon the strength to shake m' head one more time.

A black Beetle over any McLaren 720s GT3 in genuine racing livery? I shake it. I shake it in disbelief. :rolleyes:

Premium Member
Ah, I was thinking of progress photos, Gio. I'm doing white kits vicariously at the moment. 馃檮

Mickey, I like the look of that car of yours. 馃憤

Ach! I still have yet to commit to decals and that set keep going in and out and out and in favour. Seeing yours they're back in.馃憤

Premium Member
From a game? Still a fantasy if you look at the rule book. 馃槨

Shaking my head in dismay this time.

Reactions: GDSLOT

Premium Member
I dont' remember anyone whinging about the silk cut or castrol MR slot car Jag ?
Small beer compared to the crimes perpetrated against the body shell.:sneaky:

A ten minute tune-up was all it took! I loosened the pod screws 1/4 turn and added 4gm of lead in front of the motor. Gone is the tail happy attitude and it handles great. Smooth, consistent, fast lap times move it into my top three in class.
This is their strength, their saving grace; the cars are smooth out of the box. Tinkering is almost optional.

Reactions: GDSLOT
1 - 20 of 20 Posts