SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Premium Member
Hello Gio, Pedro
Small effort for Fola to have the 1/24 decals rescaled, inquiring about them will serve as motivation. Oh and its Slotfabrik, not Slotcarfabrik 馃槆
From what I've heard so far, SW 720S very similar in proportions to Carrera McLaren so dimensions & rescaled decals should be a good fit.

@ Dany, when using paints from different manufacturers I always apply a thin sealing/isolating layer of Mr Hobby Clear (the petrol resistant type) between them.

With kind regards
Tamar

Premium Member
99% of all modern car liveries are full wraps, as they can be applied on site.
No need to rush the car to a paint booth.
Candy/metal foils have been en vogue for some time now.
Unfortunately no easy solution available for (slot car) modellist to replicate these foils on white kits.
Would be possible if a manufacturer would release Chrome kits next to white kits....as simple tinted clear coat would be all that's needed.
Downside of chrome on plastic...its rather heavy

With kind regards
Tamar

Premium Member
Been there, tried that.
Sharp scalpel and steady hand not an issue here...but

A: 0,2 mm way too thick and heavy for 1/32nd cars

B: 1/32 plastic slot cars don't respond well to 140藲C heat guns/hairdryers needed to soften the 1/1 foil so you can stretch it around 1/32 body curves. 馃槵

With kind regards
Tamar

Premium Member
no, airbrush white primer, orange metallic, gloss varnish, decals, again gloss varnish, masking the orange, then airbrush blue, satin varnish on blue, masking the blue, airbrush black, satin varnish on black : indeed very much layers but always waited 24 hour between layers.
A lot of layers indeed, but you could have easily eliminated at least one of them. Also looks like the coat(s) of orange were applied too thick, or too dry.
Your color sequence is good: Primer, orange, clear, blue and black. But there's no need for the layer of satin clear between the blue and black.

With this livery I think the most important thing is to get a clear distention between the high gloss metallic orange and the satin gloss of the blue and black.
So I would try yo get the orange "perfect" first, did you do any sanding/polishing on the orange?

With kind regards
Tamar

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.