SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
I have both, Carrera (body lightened to within An inch of its' life) with a Prospeed chassis and 1mm offset pod, Baby King motor, longer gearing, lightweight wheels etc, which is a great performer alltogether - and boxstock Sideways 720S GT3.

Referring to scale dimensions, the Sideways one is actually identical to the Carrera, even my home made vacform interior tray fits the Sideways without mods, so no scale hotrodding here (as they did with the M6). So using decals made for a Carrera should work out just fine with minimal adjustment here and there.

Performance wise: I tested both back-to-back at Slotracefriends' Ninco track, and within 2 laps the totally stock (bar Slot It 1172 G25 rear tires - same for both) Sideways did exactly the same lap times as they heavily modded Carrera/Prospeed, or even slightly better, with far easier handling. That's with a barely run in motor, standard gearing, original front tires and wheels...

Alltogether it'll be some serious competition for the Sideways Lambo Huracan GT3, if not the new Sideways flagship...

Registered
One thing that I hoped for, Sideways didn't do (neither did Carrera), and that's the additional "endurance" lights in the front bumper.
I've been talking to Steven (SV Workz) about cutting these covers out and making masters for replacement vacform transtparent covers and internal structures for LED placement.
Something I'll look into for sure. Just for the realism of building an endurance version, even if I don't have a need for it (yet) 馃槈

Registered
So they did not put any fog/flood lights? I though that I have seen them in the prototype but I might be wrong.
Nope... They didn't. The closed covers are there, molded in, but that's it. Oh well, we'll just make them ourselves then 馃槀

Registered
One way to pretty much simulate the bright green metallic finish, is the use of Tamiya Pearl clear over a metallic color paint. It adds a sparkle to any color and might just do the trick of making them pop.

Registered
This is my take on the 720S. Not a real world livery, more of a "what could a Clearwater Racing 720S look like"... I also chose to use the rubber wing supports in combination with the plastic wing as I hate the full rubber wings which cannot be painted. Still have to flexible mount the mirrors.

Anyway, in terms of performance I've been running mine at the new Paul Ricard Ninco track at DSCA Mechelen, Belgium, and as far as I know it's the fastest car so far on that track, with a recorded time of 8,58.
Currently without any suspension, with the original Baby Raptor motor in the original pod, stock screws, 13x29 gearing, with magnesium wheels all round, independent front wheels and titanium axles, Slot It G25 1172 tires. Vacform interior tray on the cards to further lower CoG.

Very easy to drive fast, certainly some serious competition for the SW Huracan as previous benchmark.
Vehicle Car Hood Wheel Automotive lighting

Attachments

Registered
Even though it's based off a virtual one, I'm sure it'll sell very good. It catches the eye, easy to follow on track, and the livery nicely highlights the various curves and surfaces.

But I'd rather have seen the Team Rocket RJN one, just to name one... That might be my next one, since Slotfabrik now has the decalset available. Might opt to spray the fluorescent yellow and black though, just to make it really pop.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts