SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
ParrotGod
10,866 Posts
Nice job. I am trying to get my hands on one of the whitekits.
Where did you get the decals from?

They are available on slotcar-boutique at the moment...but I cannot register there.
Chris is trying to figure out how much it will cost to send to NZ.

·
ParrotGod
10,866 Posts
Yeah, I think that the real car has a more metallic green.
Have you tested this car?

·
ParrotGod
10,866 Posts
You might be surprised...what track do you usually race on? And which kind of setup (motor and tyres) do you use?
I have almost finished the Sideways M6 Playstation and I was testing it today and man it is really sweet.

·
ParrotGod
10,866 Posts
Another question: how did the masking tape ruined your paint job? Did the paint flake out when you removed the tape?

·
ParrotGod
10,866 Posts
I think alclad is the issue here. I had the same issue with their black base: it does not adhere well and peels off.

As for the setup on your carrera track, you are absolutely right. Just put on the sideways the same motor they run the nsr - assuming it is the long can king motor.
However, do not use one that has been used on an NSR car: when mounted on an NSR pod the motor has to run in the opposite direction than on a slot.it/sideways pod.
So get a new NSR king motor, run it in for 30 min at 1,5v in the right direction for the sideways and you should have good performance.
My preference is to ditch the sideways pod and use a 0.1 offset AW pod.
Ah, and use the same rubber as they use on the NSR.

·
ParrotGod
10,866 Posts
yeah, Pedro, sorry. I ask Fola to scale them for me. The Playstation M6 I did was a 1/24 set originally.

·
ParrotGod
10,866 Posts
@ Dany, when using paints from different manufacturers I always apply a thin sealing/isolating layer of Mr Hobby Clear (the petrol resistant type) between them.
I think the main problem is the adhesion of the base layer. But I agree that a good clear should prevent any interaction between paint type.

·
ParrotGod
10,866 Posts
One thing that I hoped for, Sideways didn't do (neither did Carrera), and that's the additional "endurance" lights in the front bumper.
I've been talking to Steven (SV Workz) about cutting these covers out and making masters for replacement vacform transtparent covers and internal structures for LED placement.
Something I'll look into for sure. Just for the realism of building an endurance version, even if I don't have a need for it (yet) 😉
So they did not put any fog/flood lights? I though that I have seen them in the prototype but I might be wrong.

·
ParrotGod
10,866 Posts
So they did not put any fog/flood lights? I though that I have seen them in the prototype but I might be wrong.
Actually, I think I have complained about this before...I am confusing this with their prototype of the AMV.

·
ParrotGod
10,866 Posts
On this, it looks definitely metallic to me. Look at the reflections around the outside parts of the front lights.

·
ParrotGod
10,866 Posts
That is nice one...Remind me please: where are you getting the whitekit and decals from?

·
ParrotGod
10,866 Posts
I am trying to get a couple of whitekits from slotcar boutique.
Talking about them, it seems they have the GT-R in stock, including the whitekits and some spare parts.

·
ParrotGod
10,866 Posts
It might be that the liveries are wrap arounds.
The thing is that even the red looks metallic and seems to pop in that last picture.

·
ParrotGod
10,866 Posts
As whitekits from Sideways I have 3 Lambos, 5 M6, 1 Ford GT and 2 720s.
Of all of them, 3 M6 and the Ford GT had the wrong front winglets (2 of the same side): I wrote the Chris at Sideays and got all sorted.
Of the 2 720s, one of them has the side vertical wings next to the door from the same side. I have not written to Chris about this....planning on fabricating one myself.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts