SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
About the green, I first tried the candy bottle green from Alclad with a silver base coat. But the masking tape completely ruined the job. So I reverted to a more "opaque" color from ZeroPaints and since I was also painting an NSR Porsche 997 in Lizard Green ...
For the lady, she is part of the car wash girls set from MAiM (Modern Armies in Miniature ref:MAiM32011)
I've just finished assembling the car today. So I'll try the car on my home track for the steup and take her to the club next Thursday.
But I don't expect to beat those mighty NSR GT3.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The club has a 6-lanes Carrera track, with a long straight. So I guess strong magnetic effect motors will always give some advantage. (Not sure though ! They are probably better drivers)

I sprayed a ZeroPaints grey primer, then some white and masked the white area to spray the Alclad silver base coat, then the Green Candy all was still ok.
When I removed the masking tape over the white, small areas peeled off. So I masked the green to respray the white again. That was a mistake, the Alclad silver base did not adhere on the ZeroPaints primer and most of the green+silver came off with the Tamiya masking tape.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts