SlotForum banner
21 - 40 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
One thing that I hoped for, Sideways didn't do (neither did Carrera), and that's the additional "endurance" lights in the front bumper.
I've been talking to Steven (SV Workz) about cutting these covers out and making masters for replacement vacform transtparent covers and internal structures for LED placement.
Something I'll look into for sure. Just for the realism of building an endurance version, even if I don't have a need for it (yet) 😉

·
ParrotGod
11,072 Posts
One thing that I hoped for, Sideways didn't do (neither did Carrera), and that's the additional "endurance" lights in the front bumper.
I've been talking to Steven (SV Workz) about cutting these covers out and making masters for replacement vacform transtparent covers and internal structures for LED placement.
Something I'll look into for sure. Just for the realism of building an endurance version, even if I don't have a need for it (yet) 😉
So they did not put any fog/flood lights? I though that I have seen them in the prototype but I might be wrong.

·
ParrotGod
11,072 Posts
So they did not put any fog/flood lights? I though that I have seen them in the prototype but I might be wrong.
Actually, I think I have complained about this before...I am confusing this with their prototype of the AMV.

·
Premium Member
6,146 Posts
Ha! I messaged Fola at Slotfabrik and the message went into the ether... and then he messaged me back that he had, indeed, converted the decal set I like the look of to 1:32. Nice.

Shame I now notice that not all the decals are present and correct in his set. Meh.😕

Which brings me to my next question; is the green of that 1:1 Jota livery a metallic?? I can't quite tell from the internet. It kinda looks like a Castrol green might pass for it. Maybe.

Castrol Green Paint 30ml | ZP-1581 | Zero Paints

Or this?

Park Green - Similar to TS35 60ml | ZP-1285 | Zero Paints

Hmmm? Thoughts? Opinions?

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Ha! I messaged Fola at Slotfabrik and the message went into the ether... and then he messaged me back that he had, indeed, converted the decal set I like the look of to 1:32. Nice.

Shame I now notice that not all the decals are present and correct in his set. Meh.😕

Which brings me to my next question; is the green of that 1:1 Jota livery a metallic?? I can't quite tell from the internet. It kinda looks like a Castrol green might pass for it. Maybe.

Castrol Green Paint 30ml | ZP-1581 | Zero Paints

Or this?

Park Green - Similar to TS35 60ml | ZP-1285 | Zero Paints

Hmmm? Thoughts? Opinions?
Mmm didn’t find any picture that could be used as a 1:1 reference as most of the pictures from the web are 3d renders.

Anyway I would go for a Castrol green but with a metallic finish.
If you zoom into the next picture you’ll see that it’s seems a bit metallic and I definitely like more this way…
Tire Vehicle Car Hood Automotive tire
Cheers

Reactions: GRUNZ

·
ParrotGod
11,072 Posts
On this, it looks definitely metallic to me. Look at the reflections around the outside parts of the front lights.

·
ParrotGod
11,072 Posts
That is nice one...Remind me please: where are you getting the whitekit and decals from?

·
Premium Member
6,146 Posts
Well, white kit will, eventually, come from my usual Lancashire-based pusher. Decals from your friend and mine, Slotfabrik.👍

Reactions: GRUNZ

·
ParrotGod
11,072 Posts
I am trying to get a couple of whitekits from slotcar boutique.
Talking about them, it seems they have the GT-R in stock, including the whitekits and some spare parts.

21 - 40 of 141 Posts