SlotForum banner
41 - 60 of 141 Posts

·
ParrotGod
11,072 Posts
It might be that the liveries are wrap arounds.
The thing is that even the red looks metallic and seems to pop in that last picture.

·
Premium Member
2,740 Posts
99% of all modern car liveries are full wraps, as they can be applied on site.
No need to rush the car to a paint booth.
Candy/metal foils have been en vogue for some time now.
Unfortunately no easy solution available for (slot car) modellist to replicate these foils on white kits.
Would be possible if a manufacturer would release Chrome kits next to white kits....as simple tinted clear coat would be all that's needed.
Downside of chrome on plastic...its rather heavy

With kind regards
Tamar

·
Registered
157 Posts
I wonder if anyone has purchased a small roll of vinyl wrap material and actually tried doing a wrap on one of their (slot) cars...!

A well known auction site has cheap rolls of 0.20mm material. You would need a sharp scalpel and a steady hand I would guess...

·
Premium Member
2,740 Posts
Been there, tried that.
Sharp scalpel and steady hand not an issue here...but

A: 0,2 mm way too thick and heavy for 1/32nd cars

B: 1/32 plastic slot cars don't respond well to 140˚C heat guns/hairdryers needed to soften the 1/1 foil so you can stretch it around 1/32 body curves. 😬

With kind regards
Tamar

·
Registered
157 Posts
Been there, tried that.
Sharp scalpel and steady hand not an issue here...but

A: 0,2 mm way too thick and heavy for 1/32nd cars

B: 1/32 plastic slot cars don't respond well to 140˚C heat guns/hairdryers needed to soften the 1/1 foil so you can stretch it around 1/32 body curves. 😬

With kind regards
Tamar
I might have guessed that Tamar would have had a stab at this type of thing...

All good points and if Tamar says it cannot be done properly, then that is good enough for me.

Anyway I already have a about a million billion projects on the go... (well... look... alright... easy everyone... just the one actually... but judging by progress so far, it might frankly be the headline number)

·
Registered
171 Posts
One way to pretty much simulate the bright green metallic finish, is the use of Tamiya Pearl clear over a metallic color paint. It adds a sparkle to any color and might just do the trick of making them pop.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Footwear Shoe Yellow Headgear Personal protective equipment

My Sideways white kit arrived as a Push me-pull you version.🤔 I heard that they sometimes came missing small parts, but this? The retailer has said they would make it right.

·
Registered
889 Posts
The little bits are still in their bags, will need to carefully inventory them when the tail section arrives and I can figure out all I’m supposed to have. Just two noses and no tail among the big parts.

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
The little bits are still in their bags, will need to carefully inventory them when the tail section arrives and I can figure out all I’m supposed to have. Just two noses and no tail among the big parts.
Ok, I was worrying about Sideways getting worse with the packing of the kits!😅 , it’s common they do some mistakes, like sending only one headlamp or two left mirrors but usually nothing too complicated , although having two noses and no rear parts is an odd thing even for them 😅, let’s hope it gets fixed soon.
Cheers

·
Registered
13,865 Posts
I discovered today that the body styling of the 720S was inspired by the Great White Shark. As an exercise in natural authenticity, a blue over white livery might, therefore, be an interesting exercise.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I must be really lucky,I have had a lambo,2xM6s and the new 720.white kits and have had nothing missing.The 720 is by far the easiest to put together.
Good to hear. I’m on my second M6 which came with all the pieces as did the first, but they are a bit tricky to assemble. Looking forward to building the 720

·
Registered
889 Posts
A brand new complete white kit arrived today from my retailer. Apparently they received several units with similar missing parts issues so they are replacing the whole thing for me to harvest the tail section and use the rest for spares. Way to step up, Electric Dreams and Sideways!

41 - 60 of 141 Posts