SlotForum banner
81 - 100 of 141 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,308 Posts
When I put these Slotfabrik decals next to the painted body, it became clear that the main part of the roof/rear deck section was not going to work for me. To many ducts and louvers to shape around for my skill level. Tamiya TS15 blue on the way.
D'ya think the angles are good, though? They look kinda good in the snap.

Bonus general observation; the blue of the decals in your photo looks very different to the blue in Dope's. :unsure: And that's ignoring the metallic/satin look.

Hmmm, all of which is to say, I'm going off the idea of trying this one myself.

·
Registered
918 Posts
My photo of the decals makes the blue look darker than they are. I may use the pearl clear TS 65 as my finish coat instead of the usual gloss clear to get the slightly metallic/satin finish. The angles look good but you never really know for sure until you cut them and try to fit them.

·
Registered
15,159 Posts
Wankel

Just don't start. Stop it. Or I'll start on that F1 thing. Again. Scheesch. Reprogramming required in Oxfordshire. Please observe perfection below.

And/or bring back Group C, or anything that excludes the M*Lar*n 7*0S. It's still 'orrible. So there.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Photograph

·
Premium Member
6,308 Posts
An' black Beetles, at that.

Not going to deny it, today, on the board here, has been tough on the neck muscles and yet, I can summon the strength to shake m' head one more time.

A black Beetle over any McLaren 720s GT3 in genuine racing livery? I shake it. I shake it in disbelief. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
918 Posts
Unable to use any of the roof/rear deck decal because of multiple intricate ducts. I studied the decal sheet in all kinds of light before choosing the paint, but after I had already sprayed I cut out the roof section out to start on the others and looked at it in bright sunlight, sure enough it is a very subtle metallic. Oh,well. I’m hoping the pearl clear coat will bail me out and blend it in.

Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle Wheel

And yes, Wankel, none of the Tamiya rattle can shades of blue are just right. Sometimes you just have to go with what is available. Just building for my own enjoyment so it’s really no big deal. I’m having fun in that frustrating way that is part of the slot car experience.

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
Keeping my fingers crossed this appears as a Sideways release.... View attachment 296500
You shouldn't lose sight of that when it's whizzing around your track :D
I do actually prefer fluorescent liveries for racing , my eyes are not that good so having a “visible” car increases the chances of winning😃

·
Registered
918 Posts
Definitely the most difficult model I’ve ever done. And I haven’t even done the decals for the rounded surface on the front of the mirrors. I’ll post progress pics tomorrow when daylight returns.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Vehicle Hood Car

Vehicle Hood Toy Automotive lighting Car

Not happy with the yellow paint pen experiment. Lots of detail to tidy up. Will do some tests of the Pearl Clear finish on some scrap styrene. The decal sheet did not include a blue piece for the rear quarter panel behind the wheel, but I have the unused roof/rear deck decal and have made a template so I’ll be working on that today.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Nice color. Agree with the .headlight openings - they are right there in your face with any flaws. I painted the back and bottom 1/3 of the cockpit side vents black then painted the rest the body color as that seemed closest to the 1:1 Singha car.
Bicycle tire Wood Automotive tire Rim Bicycle part

I spent a hour making blue decals for the rear quarter panel and fitting them. The car looked awful. Same for the piece I added to the nose to extend the one provided all the way to the edge of the nose. Off they came. Some things that look good on the 1:1 cars just don’t translate to the scale version.

·
Premium Member
6,308 Posts
Ah, I was thinking of progress photos, Gio. I'm doing white kits vicariously at the moment. 🙄

Mickey, I like the look of that car of yours. 👍

Ach! I still have yet to commit to decals and that set keep going in and out and out and in favour. Seeing yours they're back in.👍

81 - 100 of 141 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.