SlotForum banner
101 - 120 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Ah, I was thinking of progress photos, Gio. I'm doing white kits vicariously at the moment. 🙄

Mickey, I like the look of that car of yours. 👍

Ach! I still have yet to commit to decals and that set keep going in and out and out and in favour. Seeing yours they're back in.👍
Thanks. It looks like the Tamiya TS 79 Pearl Clear has just the right tiny metallic look to match the roof to the decals. Looks like I’ll need the matte clear for the front and rear. Regular clear for the rest of the body. I’ve never used three different types of clear coat before!

·
ParrotGod
11,001 Posts
Ah, I was thinking of progress photos, Gio. I'm doing white kits vicariously at the moment. 🙄

Mickey, I like the look of that car of yours. 👍

Ach! I still have yet to commit to decals and that set keep going in and out and out and in favour. Seeing yours they're back in.👍
I am waiting for the decals from Fola.
Last time he sent them to Auckland, Australia...and after travelling halfway across the globe the package was returned to him...
Now, I am not sure to which Auckland he sent them :D

·
ParrotGod
11,001 Posts
I was going to ask the same question. I have run the chassis and I was pretty impressed on how well it handled.
The body is fairly light and it has a low CoG and not much rear overhang. It is going to be a hard package to beat in the GT3 class.

·
Registered
888 Posts
The basement track room has been too cold to do any meaningful laps. Warm weather is supposed to move in this week so hopefully I can fire up the Trackmate and get some comparisons run. I’ll post the results in a few days. It feels good on the few tests laps so far.

·
Registered
168 Posts
This is my take on the 720S. Not a real world livery, more of a "what could a Clearwater Racing 720S look like"... I also chose to use the rubber wing supports in combination with the plastic wing as I hate the full rubber wings which cannot be painted. Still have to flexible mount the mirrors.

Anyway, in terms of performance I've been running mine at the new Paul Ricard Ninco track at DSCA Mechelen, Belgium, and as far as I know it's the fastest car so far on that track, with a recorded time of 8,58.
Currently without any suspension, with the original Baby Raptor motor in the original pod, stock screws, 13x29 gearing, with magnesium wheels all round, independent front wheels and titanium axles, Slot It G25 1172 tires. Vacform interior tray on the cards to further lower CoG.

Very easy to drive fast, certainly some serious competition for the SW Huracan as previous benchmark.
Vehicle Car Hood Wheel Automotive lighting

Attachments

·
Registered
888 Posts
Angry? No, just very disappointed. It is a difficult body to decorate at home because of all the vents and louvres, so I was looking forward to a tampo printed version from Sideways. Hate that they went with a fantasy livery.
My track room warmed up enough to get some timed laps in today. Mine is running about mid-pack among my GT3 cars. Seems a little tail happy now but I haven’t done any real tuning yet, just the usual setting up a little body and chassis float and rounding off the outer edge of the silicone tires. Not quite as quick as the Sideways M6 with a 25 k Shark with a 10 tooth pinion in the stock AW pod. NSR AMG and Corvette C7 are at the top on my 40ft. wood home track. Glad to get back to running the cars after a late winter cold spell.

·
Tel
4,164 Posts
It is odd, that there are a plethora of nice real liveries and they lead with a fantasy one ... but then Sideways are prone to odd decisions now and then 😉

·
Registered
168 Posts
Even though it's based off a virtual one, I'm sure it'll sell very good. It catches the eye, easy to follow on track, and the livery nicely highlights the various curves and surfaces.

But I'd rather have seen the Team Rocket RJN one, just to name one... That might be my next one, since Slotfabrik now has the decalset available. Might opt to spray the fluorescent yellow and black though, just to make it really pop.

101 - 120 of 141 Posts