SlotForum banner
121 - 140 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
A ten minute tune-up was all it took! I loosened the pod screws 1/4 turn and added 4gm of lead in front of the motor. Gone is the tail happy attitude and it handles great. Smooth, consistent, fast lap times move it into my top three in class.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Many companies are offering fantasy liveries, especially Gulf ones. As Simon already said Castrol is the new classic livery. It was a time when the first livery was a dull test one.

It is of course very disappointing not to get a real livery for the first livery. It is not as though they have explored all the feasible liveries and had to propose a fantasy one.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Many companies are offering fantasy liveries, especially Gulf ones. As Simon already said Castrol is the new classic livery. It was a time when the first livery was a dull test one.

It is of course very disappointing not to get a real livery for the first livery. It is not as though they have explored all the feasible liveries and had to propose a fantasy one.
I just saw that Nsr are releasing first models of the McLaren in plain colors(yellow, silver, red etc), suppose must be waiting a good range of decals to custom them …

·
Registered
632 Posts
I dont' remember anyone whinging about the silk cut or castrol MR slot car Jag ?

There will be loads of real liveries coming up, look how many Lambo liveries Sideways have made...

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Sure... And I wouldn't say that the Castrol livery is not pretty... Just that it is weird and disappointing not to have a real livery. I am confident that the Jota livery would have beaten the Castrol livery.

I know that some people are only collecting the first livery of each release. Maybe better not to start off with a best seller ? It is also a common strategy.

·
Premium Member
6,155 Posts
I dont' remember anyone whinging about the silk cut or castrol MR slot car Jag ?
Small beer compared to the crimes perpetrated against the body shell.:sneaky:

A ten minute tune-up was all it took! I loosened the pod screws 1/4 turn and added 4gm of lead in front of the motor. Gone is the tail happy attitude and it handles great. Smooth, consistent, fast lap times move it into my top three in class.
This is their strength, their saving grace; the cars are smooth out of the box. Tinkering is almost optional.

Reactions: GDSLOT

·
Registered
86 Posts
I’m ok with the castrol livery. Looks close to the Jota livery ,though I can’t find pics that justify that. You could modify the livery fairly easily I think, but not worth the trouble imho. It’ll be a great addition to my GT car stable. Can’t wait to get it. They do run so well. The Castrol livery is better than either the martini or the gulf as a first model. The only one it doesn’t seem to work on is the Nissan group 5 IMHO.

Mike M.

·
Registered
223 Posts
There is a lot being said about paint pealing off when removing off making tape etc: What helps
to reduce the chance of this happening, is as most realize, when pulling the tape off
pull it off as low as you can get, back over its self and not upwards.

On full sized cars plastic parts are sprayed with a transparent undercoat specifically for plastics.
Spray cans of these, can be found in most auto parts and after market add on shops.

I haven't found any difference between these and special paints made for models.Plus with acrylic
auto spray can paints you get a lot more, for a lot less money.. Haven't noticed any adverse effects or loss of detail

·
Tel
4,169 Posts
Anyone with white kits have dimensions and weights for this car please ?

121 - 140 of 141 Posts