SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As 3D printed scenery is getting more and more popular, and easier, my hope is the Mods/Admins will pin this so everyone can have access to this aspect of the hobby.

If you have a 3D printer, and are willing to make the occasional item for a fellow Slotter, please add your name and country/location. The requester should contact you by PM, so we can keep this topic short, sweet, and just the pertinent information.

You would be free to charge a reasonable compensation fee for your material, time, and shipping, and you should negotiate that with the requester.

As with most designers, for my models/items, I DO NOT grant permission to sell commercially, like on ebay, amazon, etc.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'll get this party started and sign up for occasional prints as my time permits. I'm located in Indiana, USA.

I usually have a project going much of the time, so squeezing in a request might mean several days or weeks, but I'm certainly willing to do so.

·
Greg Gaub
14,791 Posts
Great idea! I'm in. :)

Printer(s): Prusa i3 Mk3 (times two)

Materials: PLA, PETG, ABS (and other)

Colors: A veritable rainbow, and always willing to buy something new

Notes: 5 color capability (e.g. up to 5 colors in a single printed object, not conditional to layer changes). I try to keep my printers busy, and offering prints to other hobbyists is a great way to do that, so PM me any time!

·
Registered
339 Posts
This was a great idea, thanks -- Hello BluMiniMe - I'm in Boise, Idaho - so at least less postage than the rest of the gang across the water!!!

I have my eye on a Dunlop Tower - as highlighted elsewhere on the forum -but open to other track accessories as well!

Thanks,

Steve

·
Registered
985 Posts
I'm in for small bits. I do have a design for a printed piece for a track conversion that allows a pit out on a R2 corner. You need to butcher an R2 tp make it work. Happy to send file to anothe slot forum member for personal use.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Want to know how to do color changes with Cura 3.4 or higher on any hobby grade printer:

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have .stl files, needed by a 3D printer for borders for the Scalextric 3 lane 1/24 scale track as follows: straight border; outer border for inner curve; inner border for outer curve.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I recently acquired an Ender 3 printer from Creality. If someone has .stl files that they want printed, I can do so. Getting a new hotend in a couple of weeks, so I'll be able to print nylon if required. Will print for the cost of filament. (It's not necessarily cheap)

·
Registered
339 Posts
Getting a new 'hotend', really, Stumbley? I need to get over the border more often--- ;->

Steve

Black Point Raceway

Nampa, ID

·
Registered
469 Posts
LOL

Allows me to print at higher temps, so filaments like nylon, which is stronger than the normal PLA. Good for chassis and the like. As soon as I can get my head around 3D design s/w like Blender, I intend to do chassis for my cars, and potentially others.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
There is a group of early adopter 3d printing folks over on the HRW forum. I find it fascinating.

I am looking for a reasonably priced printer now...any suggestions for a RTR printer and easily learned modeling/design software?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Creality Ender 3 or one of their newer printers; Blender for 3D modeling. Blender is free, but very feature-rich and a bit difficult to learn, but once you've learned, you can do anything 3D. There are many YouTube videos out there for specific kinds of modeling.

The Ender 3 can be purchased for less than $200. There are a lot of mods on Thingiverse.com that will improve the printer, and all you spend is time and filament. It comes as an easy-to-assemble kit (takes a couple of hours), and there are a ton of really good YouTube videos on how to do it.

Here's one:

·
Registered
339 Posts
This is what they call a game-changer - imagine being able to print bodies (or sections) to allow for all the variations of 935's or 956/962's - should be amazing....

Steve

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I would love to be able to 3d scan old hard bodies, but the inexpensive diy hobby versions of scanners seem to be not quite there yet.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts