SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Alan Paterson
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I was reading here and there about the Slot.It Intentions, and the fact there's a good chance they're going to be building all the cars which WON Le Mans through the ages.. Well I dunno how true that is going to be,
But, I've been wonderin what next to "fiddle" with here, can't sit around too long without me ggetting busy with another project.

So, seeing the Kenwood and Canon cars, and seeing Pictures in the latest GSR of the New Man cars, and the next series, the Rothmans cars, and the pics on the Nissan R390, AND then the Sauber Mercedes, I realized that soon, the whole 80's era will be complete, and, so, it should follow that a very special car to my heart will be built.. My Dad had a few Jags, and I was brought up with them.. I started scratching around in the OLD boxes for the body I knew I had, and there it was...

So, after a good clean up, I went to work seeing if this would at all fit on anything efficient chassis wise, and guess what, it literally "drops" onto the Slot It Audi R8 Chassis..

Ok, you gotta re-work the body posts, but,t he wheels fitted perfectly.. That was that, with a bit of handy plasticard cutting and glueing, a few hours on the PC building the decals, and then some spraypaint, and here it is...

My own version of the Silk Cut Jaguar XJR 9. Half Scalextric, Half Slot.It..

With the closed rear wheel arches, it required some grinding on the tyres to get them to fit, but they fit now, and the overall looks are very nice.. I know I didn't get the Maroon colours 100%, in fact mine's purple, but I think it still looks awesome..

Hope you guys like it..

More of my custom paintjobes can be seen here..

Slotcars.co.za

Check under the Scratchbuilding section.

Regards

Big Al

·
Premium Member
5,548 Posts
Surely someone will step up to the plate soon and give us some rtr big cats? Gotta be a big market there.

·
Alan Paterson
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi All,
thanks for the comments. Sorry bout the quality, a cheap digital is a cheap digital...

I agre re: the Porsches, but, if what they say is true, Slot It will bring these out probably next year sometime, so, as far as an equal match from one manufacturer, it seems 80's Le Mans races are going to be very possible..
Porsche 962 x a few
Sauber Mercedes
Nissan R390

Hope for Silk Cut Jag
Mazda 787
And we're almost at a full field...

Regards

Al

·
Anthony Bartlett
3,255 Posts
Al

OUTSTANDING !!! Your work just gets better and better !!!

Looking forward to getting those 2 F1 s today !!!

How about you entering the 60's F1 Challenge????

1 - 7 of 7 Posts