SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I"ve seen some posts on this forum about silly money for slot cars. One item I keep an eye on on everyone's favourite auction site is friction toys, mainly because some of them make interesting and unusual subjects for slot cars, if they are the right size. I've seen some of these go for ridiculous prices, and it seems to be the same couple of bidders in a bidding war over and over again.
Like this:

Ebay Zodiac

It'll be interesting to see how much this one ends up going for!

Cheers,
Tom.

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh yes, and I'm not really knocking it or anything like that, I think some of these old friction toys are beautiful and I wish I could afford them. I just think back to when I played with these when I was a kid and they were just considered cheap toys that no-one thought anything of. I had loads of the things.
Cheers.

·
Martin De Ath
1,440 Posts
Hi there Tom..

You are right.. Some very intresting cars and vehicles can be found in the "Toys" section (and in the R/C section).. Quite a few are 1:32nd and 1:24th scale, although I would not pay those sort of prices to convert it to a slotcar..

I have been converting model kits, R/C cars and "Toys" to slot cars for many years now. I usually pick the "Toys" up at Boot Sales, Flea markets, Charity shops, etc, and usually only pay between 50p and a couple of pounds for them.
Its amazing what you can find, if you have a good look through the boxes, and with a bit of imagination, what you can make with them.

I now have boxes full of cars and other vehicles, on the "To Do" list for conversion

All the best.. Martin De'Ath.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts