SlotForum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've just finished rebuilding it.

It is a "portable" track fixed to four tables that fold up vertically like table tennis tables.

I think it is also a good compromise between plain track & full scenic.

I have SSDC for running endurance races with fuel loads but most of the time use DisplayPro for it's simplicity. (The laptop is only there for playing music!)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi Simon

Like the other comments, nice track, has everything you want in a digital track.

How is your experience of joining boards together when moving the layout to different locations. I see you have quick release catches but how do you cope with aligning the boards and track pieces. Not all the track crosses the joints at 90 degrees and how do you manage with the flyover?

I guess you probably have other things on your mind when setting up but do you have any pictures of the moment you lock the boards together?

Martin

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Hi Martin,

Sorry, no pictures of joining the tables.

Trim some of the plastic tabs down, (shorten & round the square ones).

Line up the angled pieces first then bring the straight ones together.

Join tables 1, 2 & 3 fit the bridge in place then join table 4.

I just spent a fortune on the quick release catches but I'm not happy with them and often revert to wrapping a bungee around the table legs to hold them together.

The whole thing has taken nearly 2 years of trial and error and is still evolving.

Every piece of track is wired together and even the loose connecting pieces are powered, as is each of the 4 tables. Connectivity is fantastic which is why we have to turn the voltage right down.

The current lap record is 9.705 seconds with a Scalextric Start F1 car!

This is also the the first "Scalextric Set" I've owned as I didn't have one as a child!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts