Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few piccies from this weekend's LMES race at Silverstone.

575 + class winning 360

Lister... with an engine note to pulverise your internal organs

R8 + GT Porsche

Saleen - as per the recent FLY release.

DeWalt TVR

Interestingly, all available as slotcars in one form or another.

-Rob

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE Very good photos. Post some more

Oh.... OK then....

A few from dusk....

Rollcentre Dallara (Please Mr Spirit can we have this one?)

First place McNish Audi...

Second place Goh Audi...

Fourth placed Zytek...

GTS Class winning 550...

-Rob

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the encouraging words chaps

6 hours of racing, with constant dices throughout the field. Four classes in the field: LMP1, LMP2, GTS and GT = Four races in one.

Regards,

-Rob

·
Premium Member
5,393 Posts
Hmmm, looks to me like you were at Abbey for a while, there. Just as I was. I've got several shots nearly the same...nearly. Most of mine are more blurry!

I was the tall good looking dude with Saturday Idol looks draping my socks on the railings and rejoicing in that Chevy engine.

What kind of camera gear do you use?

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE What kind of camera gear do you use?

A Canon digital slr, a D60 with battery back, 70-200L IS lens with 1.4x EF extender when needed. Oh, and about 2gigs worth of compactflash cards.

I took nearly a 1000 shots over the course of Saturday, which would be frighteningly expensive in 35mm film terms....

-Rob

·
Registered
75 Posts
QUOTE (rr3.9 @ 18 Aug 2004, 23:10)I took nearly a 1000 shots over the course of Saturday, which would be frighteningly expensive in 35mm film terms....

I came back from Le Man in June with nine rolls of 35 mm. I then went to Goodwood Festival of speed and took four rolls.

I am saving up to go to Goodwood in September. Not the ticket cost, I have bought my entrance and grandstand seats, I am just saving up now for the developing costs!

Perhaps I should look at digital….

Mark

·
Matt Tucker
3,549 Posts
Rob
excellent photos - watched a repeat (1 hr digest) on the telly and it looked a great event with the Zytek showing a good pace with the ability to outrun the Audi R8Cs. The Ferrari 575s looked superb - is there any easy way to visually tell a 575 from a 550?

I should attend Silverstone more often (only 12 miles from me) but the F1 queues have always put me off going anywere near the course on race days. Do you know if there are anymore LM (or classic events) series planned for Silverstone this yr?

Matt

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Matt!

QUOTE The Ferrari 575s looked superb - is there any easy way to visually tell a 575 from a 550?

The front grille? (Narrow on the 575, wide on the 550) Apart from that not alot visually.....

QUOTE the F1 queues have always put me off going anywere near the course on race days

With the dualling of the A43 and the Dadford road, queues are barely worth the bother of considering these days

QUOTE Do you know if there are anymore LM (or classic events) series planned for Silverstone this yr?

Dunno 'bout classic, but international LM has been to the UK for this year LMES @ Silverstone, and FIA GT @ Donington.

-Rob

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hey there!

Just found this topic and wow what a treat it is. Superb photos Rob, just brilliant.

Any more perchance please? Maybe a Viper or two?

Julian.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts