SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Martin Kay
724 Posts
QUOTE (SinclairZX81 @ 3 Jan 2005, 06:33)QUOTE (drummer @ 3 Jan 2005, 01:41)Ok, maybe Im simple, but Id like a full explanation of 2 things I find in the SSD manual.

Firstly is says to not elevate the LC or sensor track pieces. WHY?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It does? I just elevated some of my track (including LC sections) and all is working fine! Perhaps they mean to not elevate them using the plastic cylinder thingies. If the track is fully supported I can't see what difference its elevation can make.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Our track has two LC sections that are on a higher level than the others, although they are supported by solid pieces of MDF as opposed to plastic track supports, and one of them is on a slight incline too, and they all work fine, touch wood.
Cheers
Martin

· Martin Kay
724 Posts
QUOTE (justmarty @ 6 Jan 2005, 12:51)hi all.

so i take it you can have an LC on an incline, as long as it is flat and smooth and well supported?

the confines of my track require this, so can someone clarify this for sure?

thanks in advance!
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We have one on an incline, albeit fairly gentle, and it works perfectly. It's an in-to-out right hand, and you gain about an inch or so in height as you go through it. On our circuit map it's the one at the bottom left. The entire incline starts at the end of the preceding hairpin and finishes on the start straight. Underneath is a sheet of approx 5mm MDF supported on battens.
Cheers
Martin

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.