SlotForum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Lenny Broke
318 Posts
G'Day
As I mainly run on my own (my wife's interest is that it keeps me out of the pub) I was thinking of using just one crossover on my track therby giving a different lane each lap. . I understand that I can only plug in on hand control but apart from that will this be a problem.
Cheers Lenny

·
Registered
38 Posts
Lenny, what make of track are you using?

I had a problem using a SCX power base but it worked fine using a Scalextric one.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
On a Ninco it doesn't give problems... Every time I make a short testtrack I put one crossover in... and drive... never had any problems with it...

Greetz

Gunther

·
Registered
93 Posts
The only problem I ever had was not with the function, but with concentration. It was tough to remember you approached each corner once in the outer lane and the next lap on the inner lane. I was always getting confused (not hard for me) and running into the inner too fast, or the outer too slow.

·
René 'Vialli' Christensen
4,861 Posts
You can also do it on a Scalextric Classic track.
I used to have only one cross-over on my track, when I raced my own Le Mans and Formula One series.
It does mean that you have to race the track twice to actually run one lap, but it gives some very intereting races.

·
Registered
38 Posts
... and an easy option for those who dont want to lose the feeling of a circuit, instead of a rally track
just make sure you have even power all along the circuit (since you are actually doubling the number of connections) and you´ll be ok.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I tried it last night on my Scaley Sport. It worked without any problems.

Used only one powersupply, dont know if i could use 2 for more power?

Morten

·
René 'Vialli' Christensen
4,861 Posts
QUOTE (Fragoso @ 28 Jul 2004, 20:05)... and an easy option for those who dont want to lose the feeling of a circuit, instead of a rally track
just make sure you have even power all along the circuit (since you are actually doubling the number of connections) and you´ll be ok.
If you use a standard power track, the power from "both" tracks go out to the whole circuit. That is surely enough.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Just tried this for myself on Scalextric Sport but could not get it to work

I have made up just a standard extended figure of 8 track and have got to power supplies...one to each track and put in one racing cross over curve where 2 standard curves had been.

My car would go round the track but it was very slow and only went about as fast as half speed. I switched to using just one transformer and it went even slower!! Not surprisingly!! LOL

Has anyone any idea why this might be happening? The power to the track seems ok normally.

Alan

·
Registered
64 Posts
I think there is something wrong with your powersupply.

I had the same problem, but then i changed the powersupplytrackpiece (long word - not quite sure of the english word for it!?) + powersupply and it worked ok.

It does the same if i use 2 powersupplies, but i can still use it with only 1 supply, so i havent bined it yet!

Morten

·
Registered
38 Posts
Like i said, you are doubling the number of connections in the lane you are using, so you really need to powertap every 10/12 connections. For a simple/short figure of eight circuit, you´ll need one (max two) power taps.

"the power from "both" tracks go out to the whole circuit. That is surely enough."

hmmm dont think so. I dont know how it works with Sport but, normally, if the power of both PSU´s went to the whole circuit you would be in a situation where both controlers wouldnt be separated. Each PSU should connect to a single lane, and be handled by separate controlers. As far as i know, each PSU is connected to a single controler and since you are only using one controller after the lanes are connected to each other (by the crossover), the other PSU isnt really doing anything since its power never gets trought to the track because there´s no controler...
i really cant understand how you would do it, but like i said, i´m not familiar with sport power bases, just with ninco´s and direct wiring to the track. please explain me how it works.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Well I sorted out my probelm...erm...I didn't realsie I couldn't have both controllers plugged in!! Oooppss!! LOL So I'm back racing now...even got two nearly new Scalextric cars for £8!! Woo hoo!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts