SlotForum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Targa Freak
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All! I am thinking about a single lane track with reversing loop at both ends. There are several tracks done on the tracks-and-scenery-pages but non with scorpius. Do you think it would be possible with scorpius and -if yes- what kind of electronic gear would be necessary for switching the polarity if runnning the reverse direction? Any comments welcome. Thanks, Regards Jens

·
Registered
881 Posts
QUOTE (Kellerkind @ 23 Nov 2011, 07:48) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi All! I am thinking about a single lane track with reversing loop at both ends. There are several tracks done on the tracks-and-scenery-pages but non with scorpius. Do you think it would be possible with scorpius and -if yes- what kind of electronic gear would be necessary for switching the polarity if runnning the reverse direction? Any comments welcome. Thanks, Regards Jens
Other than a little dead spot coming out of the loop, I don't think you'd have to do anything since Scorpius chipped cars go both ways!

·
Premium Member
2,709 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Hi Kellerkind,

I think this can be done without any electronics, just as Oscar says, car will always go forward.

One thing to obey: There has to be a no-contact-zone with at least braid length, as otherwise there will be a short.

However: I think we have to wait for Rick to be sure this does not result in any problems on the long run.

Diegu

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Hi Guys.
Yup a dead strip at each end where the loop joins the main straight. Done.
By the way if this is for rally we just added Rally timing to the RMS.

Rick

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
........ ok Ill tellyou. Those 4 rectangular black plastic things at one end of the car decoder are diodes, which form a bridge rectifier which allows the car to run in both directions. SSD also has this. As some guys are custom making bi-directional tracks this will be an important feature.

Rick

·
Registered
118 Posts
It's excellent.

Regarding working lights and running the "wrong" way around a bidirectional track: I guess the light leads can be attached "after" the chip, and light up as it would on a analog track, no light unless throttle is pushed.

I like that the lights are on at all times, and wonder if you know of any rectifier that could be used for lights?
Would something like this do the trick?

RECTIFIER BRIDGE 1A

B

1 - 11 of 11 Posts