SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3,636 Posts
Indeed, to make something that could be raced on with magnetic cars the rail spacing and height has to be very consistent, I suppose the same is true for magnetic 1:32 cars, which probably explains why I find 1:32 magnetic cars horrible to drive as Scalextric track tends to be bumpy.

· Registered
3,636 Posts
QUOTE (Gareth @ 9 Jul 2012, 14:17) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Routing the track as Julian has done in the 1/32nd style is something that appeals as well. Definitely as a routing practise track.

I've routed very little, it's hard work and takes a lot of practice to get a good result, that's just for one slot 1/8" wide, never mind 3 that have to be a consistent depth and spacing 1/16" wide.

· Registered
3,636 Posts
You could use magna-braid instead of copper tape if you want a magnetic track, but I thought Wizzard could supply rail material similar to the stuff Tomy use. Certainly gluing braid on top of the track would be easier than routing 3 slots.

But why try and build something that emulates Tomy track, why not build something that is better than Tomy track, this would mean the cars need a different set up to when they are used on Tomy track, but different setups for different tracks is considered normal in 1:32 racing, I think in the Slot It challenge they raced on some Ninco tracks and some wooden tracks, which require very different setups if you want to do well.

At the weekend, in one rally, I raced on wood track with various finishes, Scalextric Sport, Scalextric Classic, SCX, Ninco and Ninco raid track.

What I'm trying to say is that it doesn't really matter what the track is like so long as the cars will run on it and the power is consistent, in fact I think a bit of track surface and magnetic effect variation would be good.

lights blue touch paper and retires

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.