SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok - what is so interesting and unusual about these 6 cars?

Are they all rare?

Nope.

Are they all in mint condition?

Nope.

Are they even Fly cars?

Yep, well almost all 100% Fly...

Getting there?

Nope?

OK Ok...

scroll down

Actually, now I have you all in curious mode..

They were all modified and modified well, to fit Carreras old Universal track system. This was a three rail system with the (correct me if I am wrong here anyone - thomas I am sure you will
) live rail buried at the bottom of the slot. These cars could all swing 360 degrees although I know little else about the system itself.
There were many , many cars made for Universal, some of which fetch incredible amounts amongst the more avid collectors.

You can even still purchase conversion kits to transform an old Universal car to run on the current Evolution system I believe.

Anyway - enjoy the pics, I am off to get the new chassis so I can race these beauties round Mugello and Suzuka.

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As requested Nuro...

Enjoy!

The circular guide assembly rotates 360 degrees. The 'v' shaped springs are similar in operation to the Ninco Sprung guide as far as I can tell.

Just noticed it looks like I need a new set of tyres too!

·
Graham Windle
4,442 Posts
I had one of these sets a few years ago with a lotus and a porsche f1 car , an intresting and little known fact is the motor is the same make and size as the lift motor in an nsm juke box and some older model philips electric razors dfferent wind though but compatable size wize.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts