SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Im new to this scale it would suit the room i got but i would like to route one.......what thickness MDF is best....size of slot....and can you use normal copper tape.......any help would be helpfull......regards Denis(Bristol)

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
i like 10mm MDF, 4.8mm 1 mil copper tape, slot to slot distance 60mm, inside border to slot 50mm, outside border to slot 80mm, slot width 3mm, slot depth 6mm
works for all 1/43rd cars.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Welcome to 1/43 stumpyden,

you can probably adapt a Scalextric power supply, but I think, especially in 1/43, that it is worth getting a variable power supply when you can afford it. It makes all the different 1/43 cars and motors much easier to use.

Regards, Lloyd

·
Joel LeNoir
952 Posts
Hello............ What size of track are you thinking? If you have track already you can modify the powerbase for the time being tell money or whatever becomes available.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
you can use the scaley power base and add a diode rotary switch, an easy and cheap way for a variable power supply. used them for years on my artin layout.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
YES, An adjustable power supply is a must on a routed track especially if you use copper tape because the magnuts are not going to have any effect.

One good cheap option is to get a Tattoo power supply off that famous auction site, (even better if you get one per lane), if you are only running two lanes there are some dual output ones. Single output should be able to be had for less then 30 euro's shipped and duals for less the 60 Euro's. (If you look around)

Have fun!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts