SlotForum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I like the 1:1 car very much...

When I heared they were releasing a slot-version of it... I wanted it immediately...
But seeing this... I don't think I'm gonna pre-order it.. I want to see it irl first...
It looks allright... but in a way it just doesn't look allright...

Just my two cents...

Greetz

Gunther

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
OH no!!!

the return of THAT driver figure - thought he was consigned to the little plastic figures version of hell??

Any reason other than using up stock?

Moped - after reading your letter in the NSCC mag I do NOT need you to come and defend Scalextric please? I am sure they are quiet capable of responding should they wish it.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
o - its here as well! This Skoda gets about!

Looks truely fabulous! Point taken form the other thread about proportions, but overall a brilliant job. Shame I'm not bothered about skodas...

But I do wish they would do something about the drivers, the new gangster/street driver figure isn't as blobby, but not much better either; Since a driver figure is going to be re-used in so many cars, surely it must make economic sense to spend a bit of money on the pattern and mold for him.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Maybe it's just me but that little Skoda still looks to be attractive. However, if I do get one, then the figures WILL be replaced somehow whilst prepping the car.

Mark.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I still think this car looks great, although Mr Blobby-head has got to go!

I took the points in the previous thread about the scale of the model. There did seem to be very minor dediscrepanciesetween the model and the photos posted of the real car.

However, when I looked out of the study window last night at my neighbours Skoda Fabia the model looked far more accurate!

Is this a case of the photos perspective being misleading or are the actual cars slighty different and Scalextric being mislead?

JS

·
Registered
571 Posts
Just had another look at the piccies. The tyres seem to be slicks and wider than the usual Scalextric WRC fair. Is this the case or is it just me?

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
QUOTE (McLaren @ 14 Oct 2004, 19:05)SWISS: Tell us more about this artical in the NSCC...

McLaren
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nope! Join if you want to read the letter in question.

·
Matt Tucker
3,549 Posts
Worth joining just to read it and see Mope does not mind spreading his one-man vision to all of the slot car racing community and not just restrict himself to us.

Matt

PS I would recomend joining the NSCC for its vaired and interesting content that is a perm record. I get as much enjoyment in reading back issues as I do the latest ones.

PPS Also noting that our Jexy1 seems to have to produce a lot of copy now - we need to help him out.

PPS On thread - I want a Fabia - the 1:1 version has the most denomic engine/exhaust sound - the air waves generated when they kick in the auto starter sequnece literally pushes you back - awesome. Will wait till the reviews come, if positive I might buy. I much prefer SCX rally cars and I'd like to wait for them to produce it. But my mind might be changed.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
QUOTE Worth joining just to read it and see Mope does not mind spreading his one-man vision to all of the slot car racing community and not just restrict himself to us.

Basically there was correspondence that was agressively attacking Hornby innovations that are not even on the market yet and even implying that NSSC committee members were idiots for encouraging Hornby to innovate! Somebody had to say something and I am never one to hold back! Basically if the correspondent had been German the same would have been said about Carrera as it was pure brand bashing prejudice of the major local player and nothing else.

If you join the NSSC you stand a chance of picking up a nice pair of limited edition Hornby Mini's by the way!

No doubt the Skoda will be available shortly as will other Hornby and Carrera innovations so lets wait and see.

Moped

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Looking at the pics above again, I reckon the main reason it looks odd is that the wheels, especially the front, stick out way past the arches.
Reminiscent of the Pink Kar Ferrari 250GTO and the Ninco Ferrari 166 in this regard. I would think it is down to standard axle sizes being too long and it not being cost effective to reduce.

Hopefully (and not normal for Scalextric releases) this isn't a post production shot and the wheels will be where they should be! That alone will go along way towards making the car look right again shape wise.

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
QUOTE Worth joining just to read it and see Mope does not mind spreading his one-man vision to all of the slot car racing community and not just restrict himself to us.

It is also fairly unique in that Moped can't go in and edit what he's written as he frequently does on the forum.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts