SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

This is one (of many) of my current projects;

Decals are all sorted, but anyone got any tips on the metallic green paint reference?

Either real world rattle cans/car paint or model paint references.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Gareth

·
David J
3,182 Posts
Can't wait to see this one when you've done it, I like the 1:1 livery.

The green looks like the new "Rallye Green" that they use on the VRS road car. I guess being a new colour it will be a while before you can get it in a touch up can..??

Where's the shell coming from?

·
Premium Member
4,761 Posts
Oooh you lucky so-and-so!!

As per the picture above, the metallic Kermit used on the current vRS should do the trick. If you can get hold of the paint code there is a very good automotive paint mixer I've used before to make up the Pacific Blue on my 1:1 Skoda Felicia and some Almond Green for a Mini kit.

I'll dig out the can and it'll have the contact details. I think they come in at £6.99 + £2 postage, and are about 1.5 times the size of a Halfords rattlecan.

Edit: the vRS is painted Rallye Green, paint code 9585. I used www.auto-paint.co.uk but probably the Skoda dealer in Farnborough can help?

Yours jealously, arf arf ...

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the replies getting closer now.

Any ideas on the white?

I hear Skoda Candy White? Anyone know any more?

Body is nearly finished

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts

This one that i'm having made - waited for too long for Faro and then they go and cancel it anyway. Designed to sit on an SCX Skoda WRC chassis (4WD).

There is a slim chance it will make an apperance at SRGB Wolves - probably just the master buck.

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
I think it's a brighter green than the picture in your first post depicts, Gareth.

Kind regards,

Russell

·
David J
3,182 Posts
What, there is something green in those two photographs?
Must have missed that bit.

Carving looks interesting though Jexy.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts